Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's For Dinner?

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
It is damn good TOO!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1337206368768.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1337206368768.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 170

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Well tonight was something a little different. We have had this utensil for a while but have not used it yet. It is called the turkey cannon.

uploadfromtaptalk1337209892466.jpg

We did a whole chicken with the sweet and smoky dry rub on the turkey cannon. Sliced potatoes with onions and garlic wrapped in foil.
uploadfromtaptalk1337210032394.jpg

Once done.and.on the plate added some corn to the mix.
uploadfromtaptalk1337210076546.jpg

Then for dessert is some tastefully simple beer bread topped with apple butter.

uploadfromtaptalk1337210144497.jpg

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337216239.791060.jpg

Seasoned, then basted withBens Hot and Sweet BBQ deer steaks done on the grill, some extra sharp cheddar, bread and butter with a lemonade to wash it down. Red Sox and Rays on the tube...

Last edited:

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Nope sure don't. It is a lessee mix you just add a can off beer to it mix it and bake it. You could probably go to tastefully simples website and order the mix. It is a very sweet bread.

oakswamper

around Toledo
Did you do a full hind quarter or did you trim it up/part it out first? I couldn't imagine keeping the silver skin and thick fat (probably wasn't much fat this time of year) and cooking it into deer meat. Just isn't like beef for me, the fat in deer just makes it a little too "gamey" for my likings.

Reason I ask, is 8 or 9 years ago, my cousin and I cooked a whole deer on a hog roaster, just like you would a hog, and it turned out fairly shitty IMO.

Sounds good though with the bacons and the apples, I bet a small doe this time of year is tender as can be!

Sorry guys been busy going to doctors and other quacks, I cut off all the fat (didn't bother with the silver skin, it disolves cooking this long) and left it whole, used heavy foil and lined it with apples and thick cut bacon then layed the qtr on it, then did the top the same way (added cosher salt and pepper) and wrapped it TIGHT with the foil. This was a small doe and I kept the temp at 200 and it took 6hrs plus to get to the fall apart juicy way I wanted it.

oakswamper

around Toledo
Making this next weekend for a kid going to some country I cant spell lol, guitar or somethin that sounds like that.. Any of you guys that are close are more than welcome there will be plenty of food and beers flowin ;)

waitin to be pulled lol