Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's For Dinner?

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Happy Anniversary Sgt. You definitely married up you ugly son of a gun 🙂
FF107540-58C2-4661-B937-F1AE8AC1BDFF.jpeg
D30D1182-DCB2-462C-B020-D885BDD1E12C.jpeg

Definitely married up. She’s my best friend.....I think she got the short end of the stick! No, not that stick...that’s one of the reasons she married me!😂😂

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
How does that insert make the air swirl?
It's narrower at one end, so when placed with the narrow end up, it funnels and increases the heat like a chimney. The heat rising in the center creates a stirring effect around the outside for a great indirect grilling setup. It's also awesome for searing over the center as well. I flip it over when I want to do a slow cook on a pork butt or ribs, and snake the coals around the outside. I can get 5-6 hours on one set of coals this way.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Ahh gotcha, thanks for the read. I was thinking it made the air swirl as it rose, but is more of a concentrated heat then how it moves down the outside area. Never seen one, pretty cool.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Ahh gotcha, thanks for the read. I was thinking it made the air swirl as it rose, but is more of a concentrated heat then how it moves down the outside area. Never seen one, pretty cool.
Steve Dlesk @Hoytmania turned me into it a couple years ago and it's a game changer. Pricey to buy it... But it could be made by a local Fab shop very easily.

Jamie

Ohio
"Miller Marzetti", lol. my much refined version of the "johnny Marzetti" with ground beef, onion, celery, condensed tomato soup from a can, elbow macaroni from the college days. been working on this for years now. today I used fresh chicken of the woods, canned Chanterelles, ground venison, roasted red pepper tomato soup from a box with some canned tomato sauce, white wine, fresh garlic, oregano, basil, parsley, onion, celery, and some frozen Jalefuego and Wax peppers, and gourmet penne pasta. (good dry pasta makes a big difference, imo.) it weren't none too hateful. ;)

IMG_2208.jpg

IMG_2209.jpg