Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's For Dinner?

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
35E2A14F-498F-48CE-BF6D-C33406510447.jpeg
D4B9FECA-2919-4B43-AF25-C9C92180FFB2.jpeg

Jamie

Ohio
reverse seared beef tenderloin, mashed yukon golds topped with ramp-chanterelle gravy and spring greens salad featuring dandelion greens and purple dead nettle. eating free uber nutritious weeds out of my yard is nice. goddamned smorgasbord out there getting mowed and whacked with trimmer. pulling weeds has taken on a whole new meaning for the gardener at this address.

IMG_3404.jpg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Went to visit mom this weekend and she asked what kind of pie I would like and thankfully due to bros graciousness she had some filling I was wanting in the freezer. Brought a few slivers home with me and tonight I got into my second piece in two days. Black Raspberry is my number one and moms Mincemeat is a close second.
3532A292-9C5B-492B-86D7-111F283F142D.jpeg

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Oh shit. I forgot. Chicken & ribs.

20210420_160538.jpg

I've been rebuilding my pit to make it wider & also built up a barrel pit furnace. TOOday was a trial run with the pit furnace & I wasn't a happy camper. I created a grid like grate by cutting out the bottom of one barrel and also to a 1/4 of another & there was too much blockage to allow sufficent coals to drop down, hence the wood pretty much burnt up on the upper portion. I have it tall like that so it creates plenty of draft & also the embers & ash coming out are way over my head. My goal is to use the coals & not burn wood under the meat, so no smoke. .....

20210420_142927.jpg

And then, with the added lights above the pit & blues music playing, I have this vision of working the pit at night, creating a video of sitting around & basting the meat as BB King is jam'n away....lol. Of course, bed time comes early for me, so fugg that....lol

Last edited:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Y’all are killing me the past few days as I’m doin a purge in prep for my double scope procedure tomorrow morning. Liquid diets SUCK!!!!! Unless it’s a cold brew along with anything you guys been cooking up! Got two ribbies lined up in the bullpen for us to eat tomorrow night though, can’t get here soon enough.