Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's For Dinner?

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
20210422_161442.jpg

Jamie

Ohio
IMG_3415.jpg

feeling extremely fortunate to be able to have all four of these fresh ingredients at the same time. I treated them right with a simple recipe from the Forager Chef Alan Bergo. asparagus from the garden, fiddleheads from the yard, ramps and pheasant backs from foraging. "asparagus and fiddleheads with shaved Dryad Saddle". a very special spring delight, and it was wonderful. I hope I'm lucky enough to do this again very soon while these very seasonal ingredients are still gettable. I swear that the more I get into wild edibles, the better it gets. Imma quit my job and just forage for food, cook it for my wife, and live out my days a happy man. ;)

served with grilled zesty garlic shrimp. the pairing was Nancy's idea. have to give her props. it was wonderful together.

IMG_3416.jpg

View attachment 126577

feeling extremely fortunate to be able to have all four of these fresh ingredients at the same time. I treated them right with a simple recipe from the Forager Chef Alan Bergo. asparagus from the garden, fiddleheads from the yard, ramps and pheasant backs from foraging. "asparagus and fiddleheads with shaved Dryad Saddle". a very special spring delight, and it was wonderful. I hope I'm lucky enough to do this again very soon while these very seasonal ingredients are still gettable. I swear that the more I get into wild edibles, the better it gets. Imma quit my job and just forage for food, cook it for my wife, and live out my days a happy man. ;)

served with grilled zesty garlic shrimp. the pairing was Nancy's idea. have to give her props. it was wonderful together.

View attachment 126578
Ah man thats freaking killer!

Reactions: Jamie

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Two slabs of baby backs in oven and 3 T bones going on the Foodie for dinner before the young couples leave. Sides will include French Fries and onion rings, Bob Evans Mac n Cheese and wait for it.........you waiting’? Doctored up Bushes Grillin baked beans with added Sweet Baby Rays original and honey.

Dessert was a double chocolate Bundt cake from NothingBundtCake with vanilla ice cream.

Didn’t hear any complaints and dinner was pretty dang good. Kids ate like kings and queens I’d say.
3394B101-6F5F-43C2-9FC3-678EE0DF66A6.jpeg

EF99A8DF-9955-4BE2-9FC4-D34828B17556.jpeg