Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's For Dinner?

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
We ate like kings at the CH late last night till early morning. Chip worked his magic over cast iron and we devoured 8-10 gray squirrels then moved onto fried perch and gills over bourbon and Yuengling lattes.🥃🍺

C5E8A8DE-6FD2-4891-9E16-C8FC667AF19F.jpeg
F702C54D-4BB1-4D22-8A55-BECC7D1C451E.jpeg

More of the same shenanigans and grub tonight with 3-4 lbs of deer steak mixed in. We were all reminiscing about our youth and decided for our refreshments on our backroad cruising tonight we’re stocking our coolers with Old Milwaukee and Miller High Life bottles. Hopefully it doesn’t rain too much and we can get the side by sides down into some crick rock spooking some crawdads and salamanders. Lol

Last edited:
Dad wanted oysters for his birthday again so I shucked a couple hundred yesterday. My wife boiled a few pounds of shrimp, corn on the cob, cooked some potatoes, baked some chicken, and made tartar sauce. She baked 3 cheese, pepperjack, pimento cheese, and cheddar jalepeno oysters. They were all fantastic but you know I had to have my tray of raws. One of our guest brought a homeade strawberry cake that was out of this world. It was most definitely a success!
Screenshot_20230423_085426_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230423_085431_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230423_085436_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230423_085440_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230423_085446_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230423_085449_Gallery.jpg

Jamie

Ohio
Spring has sprung and since I'm in no shape to go out a kill stuff I'll stalk and harvest whatever I can find. Neither fungus nor fern can outrun me in my debilitated state. :D Found what turned out to be the best Pheasant backs I've ever brought to the skillet. Tender and tasty. Scrounged up enough fiddleheads to eat, and cooked a hunk of venison loin to go along with them and some fresh baked bread. It's almost like Pheasant Backs and fiddleheads were meant to be eaten together... A very simple and satisfying dinner tonight.

IMG_4054.jpg

IMG_4055.jpg

IMG_4056.jpg

Last edited:
Spring has sprung and since I'm in no shape to go out a kill stuff I'll stalk and harvest whatever I can find. Neither fungus nor fern can outrun me in my debilitated state. :D Found what turned out to be the best Pheasant backs I've ever brought to the skillet. Tender and tasty. Scrounged up enough fiddleheads to eat, and cooked a hunk of venison loin to go along with them and some fresh baked bread. It's almost like Pheasant Backs and fiddleheads were meant to be eaten together... A very simple and satisfying dinner tonight.

View attachment 177440

View attachment 177441
View attachment 177442
Freaking fantastic!