Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's good TOO?

Bowkills

Nw oh
image.jpeg
with all this deer hunting going on I had to remind myself tomorrow is my wife's bday and our anniversary

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Been staying at a friends house while up here in Ohio. Old rustic farmhouse that was his wife’s homestead. They‘ve got a couple cats that of the farm cat variety. I told them I’d take care of them while I’m staying here. Came home Wednesday too find a opossum eating the food I had put out for them earlier with the two cats watching from a distance while perched on the porches banister. It ran off before I could get something too deal with it. Don’t really have anything small enough that won’t damage anything on the porch, trust me a 9 mm or a .450 bushmaster would do the trick but the collateral damage probably wouldn’t be appreciated 😂
Was watching a movie on Netflix (yes they have WiFi) and heard a ruckus on the porch. Go outside and sure enough the culprit was back. It could give two shits I was there. Walked into house, grabbed a broom and proceeded too beat the shit outta that sumbitch..... I have a feeling he won’t be back for a while. Just in case, I’m borrowing my buddies .22 tomorrow in case it’s just that dumb.....
Too be continued..... Hopefully.....

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Shove a firecracker up its ass....it will not come back....heard it from a friend...
Actually a piece of duct tape held said firecracker to the anus area....lol

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I got the .22 and it’ll get used of it shows back up. There’s a dog box they use for keeping the food outta the weather and that’s where it’s been sneaking into. Hence the 9mm and .450 won’t quite do what I need too do.
In hindsight, I shoulda duct taped my knife too the handle and just speared his ass 😂

Reactions: hickslawns

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Ohio’s been pretty good TOO me the last 2 days. Got a nice buck yesterday and today while searching for some buckshot for a friend back home, came across a 20 gauge turkey gun with a red dot scope. Gun looked sweet but I’ve never heard of the brand before (Churchill). Looked at some reviews and they were good. I’ve been trying to track down a Winchester sx4 nwtf 20 gauge for 2 years and haven’t had any luck....and this gun was half the price of the Winchester. I jumped on it! Can’t wait to sight it in and bring it back to Ohio next spring for turkey season!

Bowkills

Nw oh
1st day of winter retirement (maybe). We Got to a stopping point until spring on Friday.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I can jump to another company or ride out the winter in comfort not sure what I'll do yet. I want to get a lot of chores done before I decide. Coffee wood stove and no time clock has been great this morning though.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'm with you guys. We have snow equipment out. We have leaf equipment out. I have firewood stuff out. I have race truck engines laying around. I need to get to ONE season and put other stuff away. At least with snow season I emptied one building of equipment. This opened up room for "the race shop." Well. . . About as cleaned out as this building gets. Still need to put that LS motor in the Chevy II. Jeep tailgate build and two truck builds in front of it though.

While welding on another guy's plow the last couple evenings I decided it was well past time to have a second gambrel. There have been a few occasions I've needed two. Either for myself or myself and a friend. Fixed that tonight.

Attachments

• PXL_20201213_024142958.jpg
    PXL_20201213_024142958.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 128
  • PXL_20201127_223701866.jpg
    PXL_20201127_223701866.jpg
    326.3 KB · Views: 127

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Little miss Kenna Grace will be 4 in a month and she's my buddy. Kaydence is glued to her mom if she's around, but KG is almost always by my side. She spent 2 hours outside with me today feeding the animals, cleaning out the chicken coop, and doing chores. She even managed to catch a chicken all on her own and learned about "righty tighty, lefty loosey" while we aired up the four-wheeler tires.

20210116_111942.jpg
20210116_121041.jpg