Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's your crossbow setup?

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I shoot a Horton Team Realtree HD 175 - BSA crossbow scope

Beaman ICS Lightning Bolts with Vibrake (haven't shot these yet)
was shooting Easton Carbon Bolts

Rocket Ultimate Steel broadheads (haven't shot these yet)
was shooting Rage 2-blade

Last edited:

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Horton Summit 150 w/Easton scope
Carbon Express bolts w/1" slick trick broadheads

not the fanciest but gets the job done.

matthewusmc8791

NE Ohio
I've been running a Horton Hunter XS with a Leupold 2-7x32. This model i upgraded from the 1st edition Legend that the limbs kept cracking on me 5-6x in the 1st year so i returned it.. The bow is bout 8 years old and havent had any issues with it at all. The only changes or dislikes i have is the weight, its not a very light bow. There are plenty of pros' to it; such as it shoots a 2219 xx75 with a 125gr Thunderhead at 320fps. I have no problem shooting 40yds all day long with groups under 3-4inches. so taking a deer its sweet... Also it has these silencing hoses around the cable system that work awesome, plus i installed the aftermarket silencers as well and it is extremely quiet.

I use an older, pre dial-a-range, Horton SuperMag. Limbs had to be replaced a couple years ago with the ICAD system cables/string. My arrows are tipped with three bladed Muzzys. Nothin fancy, but very effective at my preferred shooting distance of 20 yards or less.

Attachments

• DCP19623.JPG
    DCP19623.JPG
    137.5 KB · Views: 267

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
I use an older, pre dial-a-range, Horton SuperMag. Limbs had to be replaced a couple years ago with the ICAD system cables/string. My arrows are tipped with three bladed Muzzys. Nothin fancy, but very effective at my preferred shooting distance of 20 yards or less.

Nice buck! That's gettin the job done.

steveOh

Dayton Area
I'll be using my old(1991?) Horton Hunter at the Metro Park hunt this year. Shooting Lightning Strikes with 150 gr Spitfires, peep sight and pins...

epe

Lancaster
Excalibur exomag 200lb pull with one of the older fastflight strings.. Shooting composite (graphite or carbon, cant remember) with 100 gr thunderheads and st 100gr mags with one of their varizone scopes.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I started shooting a Hickory Creed HD 24 compact bow with a Hickory Creek Draw-Loc attachment. It basicly turns it into a verticle crossbow. I find it compact and one plastic knob for breakdown and it easy to carry holding the foot strup.
Frank

Last edited:

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
I shoot a TenPoint Pro Slider with Accudraw. I've never been able to cock any crossbow, so I can actually cock this one since it simply reels in! It has a 3x ProView scope as I was having trouble with the red dots blurring on me due to needing reading glasses. (It's h*ll getting old)

And I love my Muzzy broadheads. Pink and purple fletchings for me. :smiley_coolpeace:

Gordo

Athens County
I just got my dads new 'ten point turbo xlt' in the mail yesterday, and holy shit have crossbows come a long way. Is xbowguy your hubby? I was pm'ing him about the purchase to make sure I was making a good buy.

I can't get over the thing. I was worried about the scope but Its unreal. About 45 minutes of shooting and site adjusting this morning and the damn thing is just hammering the target at 50 yards. Bullseye after bullseye. My old man is going to piss himself!

Gordo

Athens County
Are you shooting the rages or spitfires? Ive already gave my slick tricks a try and am not getting good results.

I may need to spin test the bolts and that may correct it, but at this point its lookin like i need to choose a mechanical to achieve the same POI as the field tips.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
I like a Muzzy, but I have hunted with the Rage and they do a great job. They shoot just like the field points.

Rick used to use Rage, but I "think" he has switched to Spitfire now. Don't hold me to that though!