Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Wyoming

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Thanks Brian for taking the time! Fantastic update and photos! Congrats to Tommy! Looks like you guys are having some real down to earth good fun! That's awesome!

Best of luck to you guys, and I look forward to the rest of your trip!

Take care and safe travels!

Reactions: Boarhead

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Awesome pics! Thanks for sharing. Be careful with those prairie dogs…they are known to carry fleas that have the bubonic plague. In todays day and age you wouldn’t think this would be something to worry about, but it’s still out there. People still do come down with it. Looking forward to more pics…especially from the trail cams you guys set up.👍

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Finally made it home..no deer tag filled but had a blast trying. It is just alot of fun hunting out west..makes hunting here seem boring. Lol
Saw plenty of antelope and my buddy filled his tag but the deer were alot tougher..had several opportunities on some bucks but held out for 3 or 4 that were really nice. Came really close one morning while sitting in a big draw..had 3 come across the top and drop down a trail by me..had him at 30 yards but needed him to go about 3 yards to clear a cedar tree, then had a big doe slip in on top of me about 4 steps from me and she blew.. Game over. My buddy hit one on Friday but the wind was really blowing and hit him through the back leg. We saw him that evening and the next day feeding with other bucks. Will photo bomb you guys with some more pictures. I will say it again what a blast it is to hunt out west. #iliveinthewrongstate.

Last edited:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Sounds like a great trip, Brian!
Finally made it home..no deer tag filled but had a blast trying. It is just alot of fun hunting out west..makes hunting here seem boring. Lol
Saw plenty of antelope and my buddy filled his tag but the deer were alot tougher..had several opportunities on some bucks but held out for 3 or 4 that were really nice. Came really close one morning while sitting in a big draw..had 3 come across the top and drop down a trail by me..had him at 30 yards but needed him to go about 3 yards to clear a cedar tree, then had a big doe slipped in on top of me about 4 steps from me and she blew.. Game over. My buddy hit one on Friday but the wind was really blowing and hit him through the back leg. We saw him that evening and the next day feeding with other bucks. Will photo bomb you guys with some more pictures. I will say it again what a blast it is to hunt out west. #iliveinthewrongstate.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
You can see the bull elk behind some of the bison.
Screenshot_20220916-200810_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220916-093449_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220916-093117_USB Media Explorer.jpg
Screenshot_20220916-093100_USB Media Explorer.jpg
Screenshot_20220916-093038_USB Media Explorer.jpg

Last edited: