Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2015 Summer Gathering - Mingo Sportsman Club - July 24-26

Where should we have the shoot?

• Cotty's Club - NE OH

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Cardinal Center - Central OH

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jesse's Farm - SE OH

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • State Facility in Central Ohio

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
For cryn out loud, we're camping & that means coffee over a flame....lol

I'm sorry but this like "city folk camping" lol
Campers, generators... Its more like a weekend tail gate party than camping! lol
Don't get me wrong. I'm as excited as a kid on Christmas eve to be coming to this!

H2O boy.jpg

nathan.luthman

Supporting Member
The electric cord should work... but there is a difference in between different types of four prong plugs. The one with the bend is the ground and it is bent different directions on the 15A 20A and 30A plugs

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
For cryn out loud, we're camping & that means coffee over a flame....lol

I'm sorry but this like "city folk camping" lol
Campers, generators... Its more like a weekend tail gate party than camping! lol
Don't get me wrong. I'm as excited as a kid on Christmas eve to be coming to this!

View attachment 33724

First comment (Kevin) coming from a guy that requires 2 helpers to put the "Taj", and is now pulling a camper.:smiley_clap:

Second comment (Jim), it's hard to please the masses:smiley_coolpeace:. We could have taken the conversation offline but you fellas need to know the hard work going on behind the scenes on Mike's end. Since the request came from the man putting this together, you help, no questions asked. If it was just me and mine, I'd tell yall to find a long rope and go take a pee, but I won't.....yet. I plan for the unexpected and would rather have it and not need it, then need it and not have it. Hopefully the work is worth the return in everyone's eyes.

X3 on that picture making me LOL. My wife is ready for this weekend to be over as she's tired of hearing me talk about it. I tried to explain to her that the reason I keep bringing it up is that I want be sure shes' good for 3days/3nights.

Last edited:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Hey Fiddy, if I had a camper I'd use it every chance I got TOO! Same with a boat!

Hey, double check that you have your folding footstool! Lol

This weekend should be GREAT!

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
First comment (Kevin) coming from a guy that requires 2 helpers to put the "Taj", and is now pulling a camper.:smiley_clap:

Second comment (Jim), it's hard to please the masses:smiley_coolpeace:. We could have taken the conversation offline but you fellas need to know the hard work going on behind the scenes on Mike's end. Since the request came from the man putting this together, you help, no questions asked. If it was just me and mine, I'd tell yall to find a long rope and go take a pee, but I won't.....yet. I plan for the unexpected and would rather have it and not need it, then need it and not have it. Hopefully the work is worth the return in everyone's eyes.

X3 on that picture making me LOL. My wife is ready for this weekend to be over as she's tired of hearing me talk about it. I tried to explain to her that the reason I keep bringing it up is that I want be sure shes' good for 3days/3nights.

I keep re-reading this wondering if I said something to offend. I never meant to. I have hosted enough events over the years to know Cotty is going Way above and beyond to pull this all together for us not to mention all the running back/forth to the site. If I'm reading this wrong, sorry bout that too.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
You have TOO because you'll never use it enough to justify its costs and overall cost of ownership.

EXACTLY!!!!

While on vacation in MB us guys were talking to a 38 year old guy from Louisville Ky whose on his 3 Fountain boat. The first 2 were 29 footers and the one he has now is 32 foot. He just keeps upgrading and hopes to have a 35-38 footer if this good deal goes through! I bring this up cuz he said even though he and his wife play on it every weekend(Fri-Sun) all summer long(3 plus months) it's still hard to justify the cost and depreciation of owning one, especially a Fountain! Oh, it costs him $600 to fill it up TOO!

Then throw in the cost in fuel,storage and upkeep on top of it! Bottom line, if you enjoy camping or boating and that's your thing then who needs justification! Lol plus I could think of worse things people blow money on...gambling is one of em! Lol

Back on track:

I can't wait till tomorrow night!:pickle:

Last edited:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I keep re-reading this wondering if I said something to offend. I never meant to. I have hosted enough events over the years to know Cotty is going Way above and beyond to pull this all together for us not to mention all the running back/forth to the site. If I'm reading this wrong, sorry bout that too.

I can't speak for Adam but I didn't read anything into what you posted Jim. Hey, your gonna have a great time at this thing! Looking forward to finally meeting ya!

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
I am so pumped!
My daughter is tired of tripping over the stuff I have laid out TOO!!

I am really looking forward to meeting everyone. Its gonna be a long night tonight...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I don't think the reply was intended as a dig Jim.

If it was we have all weekend to plan a revenge for him getting snippy. Lol