Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2018 Buckeye Football Thread

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'm with you Giles Need to dominate. None of this conservative play as I've seen on this opening drive thus far. Seems we are playing them pretty soft and letting them make a nice drive to start the half.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
21-3 going into half time against #9. Of course. . . It's only Washington at #9. They might as well be ranked #99 since they aren't in the SEC.

There's a massive difference between the 1&2 and #9, for Christ sakes UCF was #8. 😂 .

I just got out of the woods but the stats are looking pretty good. Looks like OSU is controlling the LOS and making stops when they need to.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Nice! Stops just like that. Give them all they want between the 20s and stuff em at the end.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
There's a massive difference between the 1&2 and #9, for Christ sakes UCF was #8. 😂 .

I just got out of the woods but the stats are looking pretty good. Looks like OSU is controlling the LOS and making stops when they need to.

Correct. But this is the Buckeye thread. I don't give a shit about the other teams. That is what the college football thread is about.

I'm with Nate. And I'll repeat:1/2 have separated themselves this year. Buckeyes are showing (as the season has progressed) they could hang with just about anyone. "Probably" even Clemson/Bama if running on all cylinders. Their failure to run on all cylinders for 4 quarters on a consistent basis this year is why they aren't in Playoffs.

That said. . .today we are playing the Huskies. Number 9. Making them look like #19 or #29. Okuda has played a fantastic game. Their secondary has FINALLY stepped it up in the last few games. Quite possibly the one thing which has hurt them more than anything this year. Great to see it.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Correct. But this is the Buckeye thread. I don't give a shit about the other teams. That is what the college football thread is about.

I'm with Nate. And I'll repeat:1/2 have separated themselves this year. Buckeyes are showing (as the season has progressed) they could hang with just about anyone. "Probably" even Clemson/Bama if running on all cylinders. Their failure to run on all cylinders for 4 quarters on a consistent basis this year is why they aren't in Playoffs.

That said. . .today we are playing the Huskies. Number 9. Making them look like #19 or #29. Okuda has played a fantastic game. Their secondary has FINALLY stepped it up in the last few games. Quite possibly the one thing which has hurt them more than anything this year. Great to see it.

Not quite possibly, definitely the one thing that has hurt them the most. Looks to be good tonight though.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Not quite possibly, definitely the one thing that has hurt them the most. Looks to be good tonight though.

Penalties are still there tonight. There have been several factors which have hurt them. Stats don't show everything. I never saw a ton of heart (at least not for four quarters) until the last few weeks of the season. Can't quantitate heart with stats.