Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2019 Turkey Season

nathan.luthman

Supporting Member
Moved to a different place a little after 9. On the way there we about hit this hen.
IMG_20190428_0908511.jpg

As soon as we sat down we heard a couple hens across the road where we aren't allowed to hunt. No gobbles but a morning spent with a good friend was well worth it.

Bigcountry40

Went down to Tuscarwaras County for a Sunday hunt in the rain, could of reached out and touched a beardless hen, no jakes, toms or bearded hens to be seen. My Seneca county spot I had high hopes for -the turkeys have vanished and I have no idea where they have went. So its been a pretty typical turkey season for me. But I also suck a turkey hunting having grown up in northwest Ohio where they didn't exist until about 10 years ago

Big H

Medina
I have a hard gobbling jake that keeps following me around and bringing his two buddies with him. Big boys are gobbling a time or two on the roost and then shutting up. I was surprised that a longbeard didn't come shut this jake down Saturday morning, he must've gobbled 50 plus times

Attachments

• 3 jakes.jpg
    3 jakes.jpg
    268.1 KB · Views: 190

lung buster

hocking county
Been in Virginia with Addy playing in a softball tournament the last several days. Got home at midnight and went this am before work. Had one at 40 yds and just couldn't get a good shot. Heard a few and we will be after them again tomorrow.
Congrats to all thats had success. Plenty of time for those who haven't yet!

I have a hard gobbling jake that keeps following me around and bringing his two buddies with him. Big boys are gobbling a time or two on the roost and then shutting up. I was surprised that a longbeard didn't come shut this jake down Saturday morning, he must've gobbled 50 plus times
You can send those birds this way with the season I'm having [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Fyi as this is news to me. They opened all day hunting in week 2 this year instead of week 3.

Northeast Zone wild turkey hunting
hours from April 29-May 5, 2019 are 30
minutes before sunrise to noon.

Northeast Zone wild turkey hunting
hours from May 6-26, 2019 are 30 min-
utes before sunrise to sunset.

South Zone wild turkey hunting hours
from April 22-28, 2019 are 30 minutes
before sunrise to noon.

South Zone wild turkey hunting hours
from April 29-May 19, 2019 are 30 min-
utes before sunrise to sunset.

Big H

Medina
I was going to post that this morning and ask if anyone knew that, I just found that out yesterday afternoon as well.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Doesn't seem to matter around here. I've seen two different guys hunting well past noon. Frustrating.