Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2019 Turkey Season

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
The birds came out pretty much as expected. Unfortunately they were down the field edge just a little too far. He gobbled a lot, which made me too afraid to make a move on him since I figured there was a good chance the other hunter heard him and closed in. He shut up and moved off a little sooner than they have been so there is a good chance the other guy did try to put the sneak on him. Back at it tomorrow with yet another plan.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Good luck!
I plan to get up but if it is storming as predicted I will be heading back to bed.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Just call me the jake killer. Shot one tonight it was a total shit show. Ive only shot 3 jakes ever but its back to back years so im gonna see how long i can keep the streak going.
JAKE KILLER!!!

If they act like a Tom and gobble and strut it's all the same . Congratulations

Reactions: jagermeister

lung buster

hocking county
Drew and i set up before daylight where bird 2 was on Thursday. Bird 1 from Thursday gobbled his balls off so we moved over to him. He shut up when he hit the ground. We hung around for 2 hrs and headed off to catch some crappies....back out tomorrow

Reactions: Spencie

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Didn't get to hunt this morning . Or scout. Kai and I went to check some cameras tonight and watched 7 jakes go into a spot we can hunt to roost .
He wants to go after them in the morning so we will see how it goes . Kinda hate targeting a Jake after he already shot one those year . But who am I to argue with a 9 yr old .
I guess just cause all I saw was jakes doesn't mean a longbeard wasn't there somewhere.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I've considered getting my license and tag more than once. Reading this thread is more temptation to do so. My schedule tells me not to waste my money on the tag.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Slow morning so far. Sitting on a nice corner between a couple prime woodlots now with my buddy. We had to jump to a different farm... Had a bird gobbling at the first spot but then bumped into some other hunters, so we let them go after it. No turkeys here yet but I did manage to mouse-squeak a coyote into 40 yards so that was cool.
7788E5FC-E514-4DB5-AEE6-E643B24933D2.jpeg