Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2021 Ohio State Buckeyes

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
We're young and that wasn't the easiest opening game we could have had. Still, the defense is once again alarming. It's like once we built a 40+ PPG offense, we let the defense go. Worst ever OSU defense last year based on PPG and they're already worst than that after Game 1. I sure hope that's due to nerves and young LBs and CBs, but there's an element of coaching in there too. I went to bed at halftime, so I'll watch the later to get a better feel, just basing my comments off the first half and the box score.
I stayed up till 11:30 for this and I agree with you and Ryan both BIGTIME.
We’ve not recruited very well in the LB position for sure but got tons of speed and talent in the DB and Safety positions BUT they’re being coached wrong, IMHO. Ryan is 1000% correct that KC isn’t anything more than a great recruiter for the SW part of the state or anywhere else for that matter. He is the ex-head coach for a powerhouse Colrain team here outside Cincy but dude can’t be teaching these super talented DB to faceguard and rape opponent receivers! That first Minnesota TD Burke(#29) coulda picked that TD if he’d just turn his head around, IMO. Ever since the NCAA allowed faceguarding it seems Coombs has embraced this technique and PREACHED it to his talented players! THIS will not help them going into the next level and will only hurt their draft status…..ask Shawn Wade how that went this spring! Dude had talent and skills but KC killed his progression, IMO.
I’m sooooooooo glad to see Tuff Boren and Pete Werner gone!!!’ Two slowest LBers I’ve ever seen at OSU in ALL MY LIFE!!!!! God Bless them for wanting to be Buckeyes but DAAAAAYUM! Hairston,Browning and especially Hilliard last few years were the only NFL talent we had at the LBer positions, again IMHO. Hilliard if he stays healthy can really help SF’s D! Really has a nose for the ball.
We finally have some talent and SPEED at LB position but they need coaching and help from the DE’s. Love the DT play but our DE’s need work. WATCH FOR JACK SAWYER #33 in the future! This kid is SPECIAL! Katzenmoyer, Chase Young or Boza bros. Type of talent. He’s a true freshman but he really shined in the Spring game and has tons of promise.
We have a loooong way to go to be a true top 4 team but plenty of talent and time to eventually get there if we make adjustments and coach them up.
Stroud put too much pressure on himself last night but I think he’ll be just fine. He just needs to take care of the ball and get the ball into his massive amounts of talent he has ALL around him and not make ill advised throws that could lead to TO’s. He also needs to show us how he can pick up some crucial yards with his feet and not tip toe out of bounds behind the LOS.
Season has just started, talent looks great and I’ve got high expectations for the program again this year. I gotta admit though, can’t wait till I see what this early enrollee QB from TX does, dude looks to be the real deal!

GO BUCKS!

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
20210911_115640.jpg

GO BUCKS!

OH...

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
Damn a lot of penalties on us and a lot of refs are sleeping on the bad calls. Good win, Oregon .

Reactions: Mike

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Glad I missed most of it. Sounded like we out up yards but not enough points. I don't know because I'm only reading and hearing about the poor defense. Guess I will see in a replay eventually. Who knows? Sometimes a loss like this is needed to make changes happen. Maybe a good thing in the long run?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Bruh bruuuhhh.. 600+ yard game is enough to win any game. Great looking Stats. Didn't get that defense cleaned up though.

Screenshot_20210911-170109_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
4 turnovers. 1 int and 3 failures on 4th down.
…………..and a DC who doesn’t know how to change formations or make adjustments. He’s waaaaaasy out of his league and should have stayed coaching Colrain HS football here in Cincy. He’s just a good recruiter for this area but other than that just give him some pom poms and let him coach the cheerleaders. Lmao