Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2021 Ohio State Buckeyes

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
No tears here! Our defense couldn’t stop a runny nose! We don’t deserve to be ranked in the top 15-20 actually. The offense isn’t that bad just needs to work on executing and work more on the run blocking. Penalties are still a problem as well as they killed a few drives but our defense?!?!?
ADB989AD-BA79-41BB-BCBF-74880B28685E.jpeg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I’d drop them at least 7-8 spots! It’s ridiculous having a preseason poll to start with, IMO. No ranking or poll should be listed till week 4 or better yet 5. All teams would have played outside of their conferences and started the conference play. It would also cut out some of these cupcake games as teams would be penalized for scheduling them.

Reactions: Dustinb80

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Watching UM whip up on Washington right now and am much more impressed with their defensive play and intensity than what I saw from OSU. I also like Corum, dude can scoot and haves fun out there.

Last edited:

Chancegriffis

Salesville ohio
In other news, my gators finally showed some decent offense and the defense has started to pick up. True test next weekend at Alabama. We will see how Mr. Dan and his OC work out against bamas D. Not going to get my hopes up but hopefully it’ll be a good game.

Tipmoose

Supporting Member
Grove City
In other news, my gators finally showed some decent offense and the defense has started to pick up. True test next weekend at Alabama. We will see how Mr. Dan and his OC work out against bamas D. Not going to get my hopes up but hopefully it’ll be a good game.
With AR15 out with a pulled hammy (assuming he's out) I put EJ's chances of throwing 3+ picks at 65%.

Reactions: Chancegriffis

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
OVER RATED! Understatement! Day doesn’t impress me. Big changes in coaching staff is much needed.. the Bucks recruit some of the beat talent and put on a half ass performance the last two weeks!!! Meh!!!!
I still like Day more so than UM based on how he runs his team and being more of a players coach. Urban had a big tendency to play favorites over talent as well. What he was thinking about making KC his DC is very concerning though and if I don’t see Jack Sawyer out on the field starting pretty soon(if he’s healthy and eligible) I’ll lose my confidence in Day being our head coach. Playing your best players should be a no -brainer but if he doesn’t address the lack of coaching and adjustments on the defensive side of the ball then he’s part of the problem as well. I didn’t really mind losing as much as HOW we lost! Oregon is a pretty good team but a defensive performance like that at home with 100K plus fans cheering them on is embarrassing. We lost fair and square and it’s time to move on and correct the problems and win the next game and improve our play each game till the end of the season. Then I will talk about our head coach and if he should stay or go. If he beats Michigan that will be a huge win on his part as would how they play against a bowl opponent IF THEY EVEN qualify for a bowl game this year! Time will tell and they have tons of shitty play to go over and address and correct that for sure!
GO BUCKS👍🏻

Reactions: hickslawns

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
@finelyshedded Buckeyes tend to play better as the season progresses. They usually true up everything a little here and a little there. By end of season they are usually solid. Then it is play off time and they get exposed again. Mainly because they put band aids on everything and it works. . . Against lesser teams. Not so much on a top 5 team. Would you agree with this Ric?

I would not say Ryan Day's position should be in question. Combs should be moved back down the ladder though. Just my thoughts.

Reactions: finelyshedded

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
You guys are spoiled🤣. Ryan Day is a helluva coach. He messed up with Kerry Coombs as a DC. My guess is Al Washington will be elevated to Co-DC next year and in reality be the DC.

As far as Urban Meyer:
He along with Nick Saban are the 2 best College football coaches of all time. And I think it's a big gap to the third best.

CJ Stroud looked alot better too. Ignoring the stats and just the eye test. He made some big time stick throws to covered guys. On a couple of his overthrows he was forced to throw a half second early and that's typically the result. He'll figure out how to move in the pocket without dropping his eyes, then you'll see his deeper throws start hitting. One thing I noticed is he always flushes right no matter where he's pressured from. You're gonna see a good DC start playing some zone blitzes and using a spy in the secondary to cover that side and blow him up when he flushes forcing more interceptions like he threw at the end

Last edited:

Jamie

Ohio
don't deserve to be in top ten, imo. our defense just plain stinks. the D line is nothing special, and our linebackers are the worst bunch in recent memory. they are really slow and have no gap discipline. this will not be the only game we lose this season. too many inexperienced players to bring along to not have some more hiccups. hopefully make it back to the Conference championship again. and, at very least, beat Michigan. :D

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
@finelyshedded Buckeyes tend to play better as the season progresses. They usually true up everything a little here and a little there. By end of season they are usually solid. Then it is play off time and they get exposed again. Mainly because they put band aids on everything and it works. . . Against lesser teams. Not so much on a top 5 team. Would you agree with this Ric?

I would not say Ryan Day's position should be in question. Combs should be moved back down the ladder though. Just my thoughts.
All teams tend to play better than they did the first few games and if they don’t they either just plain suck or need to make a coaching change. IMO
OSU has great talent, they just need to play the best players but also put them in the right positions and coach them and work on their fundamentals.
I agree that Ryan Days job should not be in jeopardy nor was I implying that it should be. I’m totally happy having him as our HC but I hope he finds better coaches to help him especially on Defense! I hope we can get back to the Silver Bullet type of flying around and playing aggressive and smart defensive football. Right now it’s a lot of flat footed second guessing inexperience out there that better get fixed or they’ll be lucky to make a bowl this year. Yes, these kids are young and need to go through a learning curve but it’s funny that Saban never seems to have that problem. That’s why he’s by far the best and is never complacent and pushes all of his players to play better even after big wins or blowout wins.
The Big Ten looks to be very competitive this year so every game will be a battle. May the best team win!
GO BUCKS!