Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

A few pics of my TOO great of a weekend!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Here is a pic of my girls in front of a Hyena that was mounted at my cuzs place. It was killed by Elmer Templeton(the late great petro engineering prof. at Marietta College).
Here is a pic of my cuz and his son standing amid 4 huge fireant hills! There are at least 30 more on this one particular ridge behind his property. They could only stand for a few seconds before being on the attack! Unbelieveable!
Pic of Cedar Falls in Hocking Hills.
Pic of my family in front of falls!
I went turk hunting this morning and had two does come in TOO investigate my setup after a few calls at 10:45.
I had a great weekend! I hope yours was TOO great as well. Adam, we stayed at my cuzs place, he has 4 chalets and their web address is, harvestmooncottages.com. You can check out their rates there and it cuts the cost down considerably if you split it with multiple couples.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Now that looks like a great weekend right there. Great pics of the sights you got to take in down there. Thanks for taking us along and sharing your family fun with the rest of :D.

I will check the place out. Thanks for the info :D.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Where's the turkey???
LOL JD! That's a good question buddy! I've only been able to get out 3 times so far since the season started and the turks(especially the toms) have been few and far between. I passed on a group of jakes at a distance of 20 to 25 yards on opening day and haven't had a shot at one since! FUGG!!! The area around me gets hammered pretty good but I'd think at least one tom would pass thru eventually. There is alot of hens in the area(counted nearly 45 one day in Jan.) during muzzy season so that might be my issue but it ain't because I'm hunting a bad area. I still got a few days left! Thanks for the responses guys, we did have a great trip!