Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bonus Weekend

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I'll be in Highland county on Saturday hunting with some buddies. Then I'll be in Vinton County Sunday horn hunting at the lease. Who says NR spend money hunting in ohio? :smiley_depressive:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Looks like I am going to be lucky to make it out in the afternoons at this point. Just had several bombs dropped on me of my list of bull shit which needs to be accomplished this weekend. Fugg it. I am going hunting. Just not sure how much. I am realllllly feeling the need to kill something soon. "Blood thirsty" come to mind for anyone? Trying to make you proud Dannmann!

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Well I'll be able to hunt tommorow morning and sunday morning. Tommorrow i'll be looking for a buck, but sunday i'll fill a doe tag. Goodluck to everyone hittin the woods in the morning be safe and stay warm.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Did a bunch of road scouting this morning. Didn't see anything. Several hunters, but no deer. I would have thought with the crops off and the snow thick, I might have seen them all over. Not sure where I am hunting this evening now.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Here's tonights setup. Little food plot I put in late spring. Deer just now hitting it.

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Got skunked this morning...

Neighbor to the west was walking and didn't bump anything passed me or my brother-in-law and the landowner walked the north end of the property and didn't get anything moving.

Perhaps tomorrow...

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
Saw two tonight. One small buck we passed, then had a yearling doe at 30 yards with no good shot. She walked straight to us, got antsy, and walked straight away from us. I'd have killed her dead, but Tracie wasn't comfortable with the small windows she had. We'll be back after it tomorrow.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Passed on a small doe that was heading to my buddy who was in a double ladder stand with his son. Waited and waited for a shot to ring out because it was walking right past their stand... nothing... so I text him didn't you see the doe??? He sent me a picture of himself drinking coffee in his kitchen and reading the paper hahaha. I guess I should of nailed it when I had the chance lol....

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
About 9 this morning 3 does come down the hill in front of me, the lead doe was hobbling on three legs, carrying the right front leg. She stopped at 50 yards so I shot her, she ran back up the hill( I love it when they run up hill) and I saw her drop. I tagged her and gave her to one of the younger guys with me and spent the rest of the day dogging for the other guys.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Man, I saw 13 does in three different groups. It was an exciting hunt even though I didn't pull the trigger. I was kneeling down and watching the group of five and they jogged past me at 15 yards. There was too much crap in the way to fire .Be back out there in the AM.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Heading out after church sometime. Saw five yesterday. Bumped one coming in. Stalked my way to the stand best I could in the snow. Stalked to one stand and climbed it to observe. Saw nothing. Got down and continued working my way in. This is when I bumped a small doe or button. Not sure which. Climbed into my stand and saw a blob in the weed/snow. Pulled the binos to my eyes and thought "Sweet, that is a decent doe!" Glad I took my time glassing "her". Small buck. He got up a couple times to stare me down, but remained bedded 75yds away from my stand the entire sit. I later saw another deer get up that was with him. Pretty sure it was a doe, but I am overly cautious to not pop any button bucks on this farm. Shot two last year (not this farm), and don't want to shoot any here this year. Did see two more move across an opening about 100yds from me from this stand, but couldn't tell if they were does or buttons either. They weren't overly large. Going back this afternoon. I want to kill a big doe. Owner of the farm needs a cape. One of my employees could use the meat. Going to try to do my part to help both of them.