Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Brock/Mason 2020

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Thanks guys!
Not that it matters really, but after reading my posts from a week or so ago I realize I did hunt with the Mathews once previously this year. I was thinking the way the old bow was set on rapid-fire mode yesterday that the old thing was trying to convince me to take it out more often 😁

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Mason had a thing at school so I went alone. Packed in a chair and crossbow. I have a new respect for you guys that haul all that crap to the woods.
I had a good hunt. Saw six antlerless and listened to a flock of turkeys fly up behind me. It’s tempting to skip deer hunting in the morning and go after one of those turkeys. They have been doing essentially the same thing for weeks now. Either way, I plan to hunt in the morning before work.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Mason and I had a good hunt tonight. Everything we saw was does and fawn. Mason did a hang and hunt. I sat in a blow down close to a scrape. I had six deer within 15 yards and not a one of them had antlers. Ain’t that the way it usually goes.
After missing that big old fat boy the other day, I hung a camera over a scrape. 85 pics in a day and a half. I think I picked a good location. Not only is there a scrape but also a waterway crossing. Lots of traffic.
I told you all the deer I missed was a thick sucker. What ya think? Old enough to kill? 😁
CBD34DDC-7F25-4A9E-9946-FB43EBA30698.jpeg
E4FF4CF5-B040-491F-B727-D84F68A693A5.jpeg
3B8DA9CA-D3D6-405C-A583-0EBCE3698ACB.jpeg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Mason and I had a good hunt tonight. Everything we saw was does and fawn. Mason did a hang and hunt. I sat in a blow down close to a scrape. I had six deer within 15 yards and not a one of them had antlers. Ain’t that the way it usually goes.
After missing that big old fat boy the other day, I hung a camera over a scrape. 85 pics in a day and a half. I think I picked a good location. Not only is there a scrape but also a waterway crossing. Lots of traffic.
I told you all the deer I missed was a thick sucker. What ya think? Old enough to kill? 😁View attachment 112570View attachment 112571View attachment 112572
That pig gots some age on him for sure! Good luck with him guys! Cool looking rack on him too...👍🏻

Reactions: brock ratcliff

Fletch

Supporting Member
Great pics Brock.. Thanks for sharing, as Ric said kids grow up way too fast... Enjoy your time with Mason...

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Had a fun hunt this morning. Overslept a little due to setting my alarm for PM vs AM... idiot.
Got to the farm and started my walk in gray light. Rounded a corner and spotted a nice 8 point making a scrape. Double checked through binoculars to make sure I didn’t want to kill him. As I watched a much smaller 8 point walked up to him. A dirty look sent him scooting off. I waited for the buck to meander into the woods and went on my way to the stand.
The old double throat patch doe was my first visitor along with her twin fawns. She was being harassed by another nice buck. Not quite nice enough to kill just yet but they did keep me entertained for an hour or so. He followed her around grunting to no avail. She might be getting close but she ain’t giving it up yet. He still had hope.
The next and last visitor was a young six point. He went into the thicket with the others and grunted a bit too.
I pulled a card on the way out and had the first 8 of the morning on there. He’s a pretty deer just not quite what I’d like to kill right now. The other pic is from the video I took of the the buck following the doe. I got a lot of video at 20 yards or so but none of it shows his rack well.
D1092C02-53C0-4376-A29A-3DDE076AB032.jpeg
05BB98AE-1AF5-473A-8A57-380614CF2F1B.jpeg