Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Cellular Cams..

twireman

Kingston, OH
Thanks for the update. Looks like your having success with it. I’m up in the air and may just take a covert from moms and run it a few weeks around here and save the money for now. Keep the updates coming!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I still haven't pulled the micro SD card to see some of the regular resolution pics, but I'm pretty pleased with the performance thus far. Still showing 100% battery after 1K pics and 2 months of operation. I moved it tonight to get a better look at the bait and inside corner of the food plot. You can see the blind at 10 o'clock in the upper edge of the pic. If the weather will cooperate, Tracie and I will be here next weekend trying to keep the streak alive.

Screenshot_20191228-210805_SPYPOINT LINK.jpg
Screenshot_20191228-210947_SPYPOINT LINK.jpg

Stressless

Keene, OH
Been running 2 Spartans for 3 years and got 2 Spypoint LinkMirco's at this fall. The Link Mirco's I got were $100 / per with sale/rebate.... how could I NOT uy them.

The Spartan's gave me fits for about 18 months, I use Verizon, I have good coverage, used batts more then I wanted so hooked up with a guy sells solar/w battery kit very reasonable $. once hooked to that - never replaced the internal AA's. Keep them shooting a bunch and get any video I want (set to Pic+ Video mode). I can request unlimited full resolution copies and videos over the air. Data gets added to you overall phone plan so if you have MegaBytes to spare - that's free.

The Link Mircos - not as good pic quality either the thumbnail sent, or off the card, Spypoint got blistered by not providing a "full quality" over the air, so they (prolly their business plan all along) added a PAY FOR feature to get a full resolution over the air/ $5.00 for 50 so $.10/copy... but he camera costs one third the price. 8AA Lithium lasts OK - bought an integrated Solar charger/batt on a GREAT sale Black Friday for both. last batteries for them ad now they'll be dependable for multipul months.

Spartan Day and Night full resolution:
18064.jpeg

17922.jpeg

Spypoint Link Micro Day and Night Full resolution.
PICT0326.JPG

PICT0080.JPG

This is the differecnce between the Spypoint "Thumbnail" and the full resolution.
15701.jpeg

Same Pic Full Resolution. makes a big difference - they pay for the data, so you get a more compressed thumbnail then Spartan.
PICT0574.JPG

The only real drawback I see to the Spypoint is the visable IR. If you are using this for property surveillance, at night it's VERY visible, the Spartan is insivable as far I can tell. The Spypoint does not seem to spook deer at night, but a bad guy will see it as soon as it goes off.

Hope this helps some. These are all my photos from the farm this fall.

Attachments

• 19251.jpeg
    19251.jpeg
    59.3 KB · Views: 404
Last edited:

Creamer

Athens
The Cell Link has been working great for me. I've used it in a few locations and have had no issues yet with getting my images. I've also been (so far) staying under 100 images a month, which is free through Spypoint. The setup is on a public ground trail and not in an area I expect a super high volume of pics.

Stressless

Keene, OH
Overt - I'm gonna kick your ass
Covert - That was me that kicked your ass
Clandestine - You got your ass kicked?

For what it's worth - "If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck."

I want that glassy eyed pile of meat and fur to have the last expression on their face (deer or human) of, "..how'd I get my ass kicked?"

SpyPoint Link Micro has a BIG RED flash LED viable to God and all his critters when it takes a pic at night, It's the IR flood so no way to tape over it and get a pic at night. Some may or may not care if it has a that BIG RED flash - I operate in Clandestine mode as much as possible, which is why I went with SpyPoint Cell-Link and Browning Dark Ops - No sound - No visible signature.

Spartan comes factory set to BEEP and LED indicate when it takes a pic, day and night, both of these indicators can set to off when taking a pic via the on-board menu program, which I have done.

Creamer

Athens
Overt - I'm gonna kick your ass
Covert - That was me that kicked your ass
Clandestine - You got your ass kicked?

For what it's worth - "If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck."

I want that glassy eyed pile of meat and fur to have the last expression on their face (deer or human) of, "..how'd I get my ass kicked?"

SpyPoint Link Micro has a BIG RED flash LED viable to God and all his critters when it takes a pic at night, It's the IR flood so no way to tape over it and get a pic at night. Some may or may not care if it has a that BIG RED flash - I operate in Clandestine mode as much as possible, which is why I went with SpyPoint Cell-Link and Browning Dark Ops - No sound - No visible signature.

Spartan comes factory set to BEEP and LED indicate when it takes a pic, day and night, both of these indicators can set to off when taking a pic via the on-board menu program, which I have done.

The camera currently attached to my Cell Link is a red IR flash, viewable to the nekkid eye. I have been hanging this setup high for security reasons (public ground), and so far I have not seen pictures indicating the flash is off-putting to the deer at that level. It's also a pain in the rear to hang them this way and I'd prefer to not have to do it, so there's that. When I move this setup, it will be with a no-glow IR camera, but I will still be hanging it high.

Creamer

Athens
First little chink in the armor today for the Cell-Link. I was moving my setup, and wanted to swap in a different camera with higher resolution and better flash range. It's a cheap Gardepro that my FIL convinced me to try. He has been using one all summer around his property with good results. Good flash range, sharp pics. I got everything set up, and as always, I wasn't going to leave it until I confirmed it was working. It wasn't. I got no errors on the Gardepro (like "No SD card"), so it seemed like it should be working. However, I got no pics when I forced the Cell-Link to connect. I re-inserted the card/cable from the Cell-Link multiple times, and even kept the Gardepro housing open the last time, thinking maybe it was getting dislodged when I shut the housing. No dice. Plugged the WildGame back in, boom, working.

Reactions: Big_Holla

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Both my SP Micros are down. One immediately starts with a flashing red light, the other does that 50% of the time, the other half is just flashes green until it eventually times out. It never does obtain service and transmit. Time to call customer service and see how it goes.

Reactions: 5Cent

Snyder10

Guys running the spypoint micros: they’re going to tell you to do a hard reset and firmware update. I’m on replan number 6,7,8 right now. MAKE SURE you’re using the class 10 micro sd card. For one of my cameras it came down to the brand of the card. Knock on wood, the 3 replacements they sent me are working good

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Guys running the spypoint micros: they’re going to tell you to do a hard reset and firmware update. I’m on replan number 6,7,8 right now. MAKE SURE you’re using the class 10 micro sd card. For one of my cameras it came down to the brand of the card. Knock on wood, the 3 replacements they sent me are working good

Which brand of card was the winner?

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
I'm about done with the spypoints I watched deer in front of them this weekend one didn't take any pics and the other took 2 pics of the deer that were there for 5 minutes.

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
I have my Tactacam in hand. I can't download the App for my iPhone because apparently I don't know my password. I have had this phone for almost a year and this is the first time I have needed it. I have tried using a "trusted" iPhone user to help but got no text from Apple with a new passcode. So now I have to wait 2 days for Apple to call me. I tried this last week and wasn't available to answer the call. To say I'm frustrated at the moment does not begin to accurately describe my mood. Now I have to go find where my phone landed.