Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Cellular Cams..

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Update on my Moultrie X6000 battery life.... I received two of these back towards the end of July and have had no issues with either. There have been a LOT of pics where either the heat of the sun or maybe something small was captured where I couldn't see it.... probably a mixture of both. Anyway, both cams are using lithiums. The second cam is in a shaded area moreso, where I don't get that much traffic & the last pic sent to me was on the 24th. I walked over today to check it & it was dead. I changed out the batteries. Sometimes I don't have good luck with lithiums. The first cam ( original ) is still going & has taken a shitload more pics than the other, so I dunno. It'll probably die out as soon as I send this.

Fletch

Supporting Member
Bucks finally hitting scrape in Illinois.... This is from a Spartan....
image.jpg

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
I ended up talking to 2 different people at Apple Support. Even though they confirmed my ID I still have to wait 2 days to get cleared to change my password. I did have the correct password but have been using face ID. If you don't use your password for so long it becomes obsolete. I even tried Family App sharing....but since it's a free app it can't be shared, only purchased apps.
I may have a Tactacam Reveal for sale soon if things don't start working out.

Fletch

Supporting Member
I ended up talking to 2 different people at Apple Support. Even though they confirmed my ID I still have to wait 2 days to get cleared to change my password. I did have the correct password but have been using face ID. If you don't use your password for so long it becomes obsolete. I even tried Family App sharing....but since it's a free app it can't be shared, only purchased apps.
I may have a Tactacam Reveal for sale soon if things don't start working out.
Just get a Spartan.... Look how clear that pic is...

Stressless

Keene, OH
Figured I'd update this as I divested all my Link Micros due to their visible Red Flash - got 5 Cell Links and overall am 'happy' - running two spartans for camp security and move them out to provide furry intel when I'm there hunting - The Spartans for immediate year round pic delivery have the best "variable" cost- I.e., with Verizon based cams it's $5/ to add a line (data comes off your phone data plan) and $3/month* for Spartan Premium credit = $8 month for unlimited HD pics and Video's - live overwatch of gate/camp of whatever.
* $36 annually month by month is more expensive /month.

I generally run the cell link for three months a year one at turkey season, April and two months, Mid Sep to Mid Nov, for deer season. Spypoint lowered their monthly costs to be more in line with the competition. The Cell Link is about twice the cost ($15/month per camera) for unlimited pics/and no video option regardless if the host camera can take video or not. The thumbnails from the Cell Links are shit, but for a dime - you can have it send their HD version - better is that they store the full res version from the host camera - but you have to go retrieve it like any trial cam. No way to get the full res of the host cam to your phone OTA (Over The Air).

I put this up somewhere else but it's good to add here - another cost is the batteries for the cell cams. This is the mot cost effective way I've setup the Host cam and Cell link - even in summer, full canopy the Reaktor keeps a charge - I normally have them set to transmit once a day when not in hunting mode.

Love to post some monsters up here but the outfitters that baits year round has bait sites all along the property line over 3/4 mile of 1200# Boss Bucks along the North and South edges of me and the neighbors adjoining property... so he's keeping them fat and happy until they leave like clockwork about the 1st of Oct... I'll circle back and get a Cell Link Thumbnail, Spypoints version of HD nad the original from the host camera - just for comparison.

Last edited: