Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Doggone good dog thread

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Yeah it was certainly weird walking into the house last night after work and not see her fat lazy ass laid up in a chair. Wife's still a mess over it. Her and that dog, VERY VERY close. I took my pup to his 2 week board and train yesterday morning, and now the house is too quite.

Left field

Yeah it was certainly weird walking into the house last night after work and not see her fat lazy ass laid up in a chair. Wife's still a mess over it. Her and that dog, VERY VERY close. I took my pup to his 2 week board and train yesterday morning, and now the house is too quite.
So we’ll see some pup pics soon?

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
1670324317657.png

Just shy of 6 months old

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
The older two girls are so used to dogs being around that they take it for granted, but not the baby. Her favorite thing to do is crawl over to the door and bang on it until the dogs come up and "kiss" her through the glass. She'll talk to them and if you asked her where the "pups" are, she gets all worked up and starts looking around frantically. She turns 1 in 10 days and her party is a dog theme as a result. Absolutely love seeing their relationship grow!

695402816.jpg

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Well… it finally happened. Stupid me allowed the dogs into the far barn unattended, and then I noticed the rat poison missing. I normally have it inside the tamper proof containers, but I had a couple “bricks” in another spot that is normally closed off. They found it, unfortunately. And I had no idea which one ate it.

So, to the side yard we went, bottle of hydrogen peroxide in-hand. Down the hatch. I watched both dogs throw up and dry-heave for about 15 minutes. Turns out, they both ate the poison. Bromadiolone .005 %… it’s an anticoagulant.

I feel like they will probably fine. But my wife is insisting we should call the vet. I know damn-well the vet is not going to tell me “they’ll be fine”, for fear of a lawsuit. I really don’t want to spend $300 on a vet bill right now. I think I’m gonna just watch them closely the next few days and see how it goes.

What does everyone else think about this? Any similar experience of your own?