Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Extra weekend Day ONe!

Huckleberry Finn

Hey Cottis.... You should be applauded for spending so much time with your boys afield and ensuring that they enjoy hunting for a long time to come...and sometimes I guess that includes teaching them management and letting 'em get bigger. (But then again I whacked a yearling doe this year). Hopefully the deer gods will smile on you and your son and put a big 'un in front of his gun!

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Cotty.........Hope it works great in your favor today. Good things often come to those who wait. Perfection would be that he gets a much bigger one today! Learning to wait on what you really want is a Blessing, wish I had been taught that at an earlier age.

lung buster

hocking county
We never saw the first deer yesterday. Heard one person shoot 3 times in the am. Heard one shot when we were leaving and one in the PM. Crazy! Plan on taking my boy this afternoon after work.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Mike, don't be so hard on yourself! You're a great dad and mentor. He'll get over it and be glad you made him wait when he gets a bigger buck down.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Mike. You absolutely did the right thing!:smiley_clap:

He learned a lesson that a man's word should mean something and just because no-one would see doesn't make it right. Your verbal agreement was 6 pts+ You honored that.
Some day the kid will be grown up and pulling it all together. Some times its tuff. Good call there Dad!!!