Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Game Plan Gear - Problems?

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
I am a huge GPG fan! I have the Spot 'n Stalk, new Bow Bat, and the Treestand Transportation System. I love all three. Sure, I carry 50lbs of gear in when I go mobile, but with the Bow Bat and the TTS, you don't realize you have that much with you. The new Bow Bat is freaking awesome and the TTS is great for the Millennium/Lone Wolf combo. We are working on getting GPG to be a partner for the Pro-Staff and our shoot next year. I am a firm believer and lover of their products. Well worth the money...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Mike is the owner. He's a Steubenville boy. His dad and my dad were hunting buddies from way back. I learned everything that got me started in hunting from both of them. Mike is a great dude that is very honest.
He is a great deer hunter and I know he designed his products from personal experience. Unfortunately, he's been so busy promoting his product, we have lost contact with each other.

I read some people mention about the product being manufactured in China. I know he tried to be American made, but the cost difference, like anything else, was so much that China was the best choice for his business. He basically created his business from scratch all by himself. Any cost cutting had to be done.

Perhaps, if the company gets bigger, he will move production to the states. I know his dad is an old Union guy, so that would make him happy.

Oh we know bud. Just giving them crap. Fact is you just can't beat it these days.. It;s almost forced.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
When I was looking into a new line of tree stands to sell, I learned a lot about China. Everything is made there. The only tree stand manufacturer still making them in the states is Family Traditions. They are built like a brick outhouse, but they are priced accordingly as well. Very nice product, but not at a price point for the average guy. They are the last tree stand company building in the states though. Pretty sad.