Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Groundhogs

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
That's some funny shit. I still say we should have a pose off contest on here lmao. I think that might be fun and who knows...maybe we could put an album together and sell it on ebay lmao.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
That's some funny shit. I still say we should have a pose off contest on here lmao. I think that might be fun and who knows...maybe we could put an album together and sell it on ebay lmao.

A CALENDAR! lmao Pose them with smokes, or mini liqueur bottles, or a hand of cards.. lmao

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
LOL, that's it, if it doesn't storm I'm going hogging tonight and I don't be at the local tavern... :smiley_crocodile:

Some nice shooting Joe!

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
Well.........

Sunday my arrow hit part of the chain link fence as I was trying to shoot a racoon who I watched tip over my trash can. The arrow proceeded to go into the aluminum garage door and put a hole in it....momma is not happy about that one.

Last night, just like golf, I wanted to see my shot and and with bad follow through comes missing and I missed the daddy of all ground hogs at 15 yards in the back yard. I shaved his shoulders a bit but a miss is a miss....I'll get another shot at him.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Well.........

Sunday my arrow hit part of the chain link fence as I was trying to shoot a racoon who I watched tip over my trash can. The arrow proceeded to go into the aluminum garage door and put a hole in it....momma is not happy about that one.

Last night, just like golf, I wanted to see my shot and and with bad follow through comes missing and I missed the daddy of all ground hogs at 15 yards in the back yard. I shaved his shoulders a bit but a miss is a miss....I'll get another shot at him.

As they say " If momma ain't happy ain't nobody happy " lmao

I hope you get another crack at that ghog but I bet he will be a little smarter now and move at the drop of a pin lol. STEALTH will be the key now my friend lol.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I laid proned out in the edge of the bean field yesterday evening waiting for the sole surviving momma hog to venture out. I've shot all the small ones and she's all that's left. No dice.. I don't blame her for staying underground.. I would too.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I laid proned out in the edge of the bean field yesterday evening waiting for the sole surviving momma hog to venture out. I've shot all the small ones and she's all that's left. No dice.. I don't blame her for staying underground.. I would too.

Too bad you couldn't send her a note and say she could be in the calender lmao.

They wise up quick don't they lol.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Well.........

Dang. lol. I've shot the kitchen cabinet, and the door frame to the master bedroom. But not the garage door.

yet.

lol

I did damage the garage once though.. I was reading the manual to my table saw and plastered all over it was words saying "DO NOT FEED MATERIAL BACKWARDS ON THE TABLE".... They never said why... We'll after reading it 5 times on every page my curiosity got the best of me.. I laid a small scrap of 2x4 on the back of the saw. I got a small 8 foot piece of wood and slowly pushed the scrap towards the blade..... BANG!

Wtf..

Where did it go...

I looked everywhere..

Until i noticed a nice hole in the cieling.. Dayyymmmmnnnnnnn......

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
rotflamo

"Oh. I get it now!"

Where the fuck do you guys find groundhogs to shoot?!? They are nonexistent around these parts any more!!!

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
Dude this ghetto i live in is full of em. Just findin the time to shoot em is the problem. Thats whyi dont worry about misses. Itll be a cpl weeks before i get any spare time. I will run and get the bow if i seem out though

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
Hes dead...i heard him loosing his wind and grunting as he was running into the thicket. Its just so thick and in between two garages there is no recovery. Oh well. He peeked out from beside the garage and was growling at my daughter cause she was in between him and his dinner(my trash cans). I grabbed her and her brother. Threw them in the house. Grabbed my bow and sent one through his lungs.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Hes dead...i heard him loosing his wind and grunting as he was running into the thicket. Its just so thick and in between two garages there is no recovery. Oh well. He peeked out from beside the garage and was growling at my daughter cause she was in between him and his dinner(my trash cans). I grabbed her and her brother. Threw them in the house. Grabbed my bow and sent one through his lungs.

Kick butt rgecko! I am laughing as I have this picture of you with a kid under each arm running to the house for your bow! rotflmao

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio

Makes hitting the garage door all worth it now doesn't it :D. Tell momma you saved the kids lives and shot that SOB and you might get lucky and she will forget about that ol door lol.

Great job on the coon buddy.