Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from Louisiana

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
We hunted this evening. Dj seen 4, hunter seen a young 8pt and I seen 19 hunting a giant ag field. 11 does were close enough, the others were exciting to watch.

It’s warming up with chance of rain this weekend, but that won’t stop us from hunting. Soon the big ones will be on their feet and we will be waiting. Till in the morning

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
46 degrees w NE wind at 4, warming up into the 50’s today. Not feeling it for today for some reason. Heavy cloud cover w 30% chance of rain and likely it will rain Sunday. Good luck to anyone hunting up there.

Report on the ducks is there ain’t much around for some reason. Think I have about 4-10 mallards coming in every morning. Usually have around 40 or more around this time. Might try to go shoot some woodies in the morning with Hunter. Dj and the wife going home around noon today.

Reactions: finelyshedded

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
We are back in the stands. Dj and momma went home at lunch. Me and Hunter are in the stands. Hunter is in a lokon 40’ up in a cypress tree overlooking a creek and two sides. Has two good rubs where the stand is. Ain’t been hunted in two seasons. I climbed it after the morning hunt to check it out. The lineman’s safety rope only goes to 12’ off the ground, that’s when you hook in. I’m on the big corn field hoping a big one steps out my crp. Last night I had 11 does come out and watched 8 about a 1000 yards out. Weather suck, heavy overcast, NE wind at 5 and 54 degrees. CANT KILL THEM FROM MY CAMP, so here goes nothing.

Reactions: Dustinb80

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
21 deer seen w 9 in range....all doe. The rest was almost 1000 yards away w two young bucks off my property. It started to rain around 4pm and rain is forecasted till 12 tomorrow. We will be wood duck hunting in the morning. Then we will head down south to do some marsh duck hunting. Will send pics in the morning.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Well we hunted this morning with no wind and bluebird shoes, which normally results in horrible hunting. We did manage to kill a canvasback hen. All is good, I had a great time and have a pair of cans to put on the wall.

Reactions: Sgt Fury

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Headed back to the camp for two weeks. This is when we will see a gooden if there is one around. Only problem is the weather sucks ass on the 10 day forecast, hot and rain and overcast most of the days. We will make the best of it of course. I will try to hold off for something really nice, but my booger hooker gets itchy so we will see.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Update from yesterday afternoon hunt. We drove into the property and we jump a big buck on the edge. He runs out along a wooded ditch on the ag field. We drive along side my property w the Dutch running parallel about 200 yards out. We get to our corner and there he stands. Put the scope on him and he’s not a shooter. Nice deer but not what we would mount so we pass on him. Hunter hunts the double and sees 5 deer. I hunted on the edge of the big field and guess who steps out on my plot 5 minutes before shooting time? The same damn buck. That’s 4 lives and has 5 left lol.

Pulled cards and had pics of two possibly shooters. One is in the mid 30’s maybe. The other is mid 20’s. I probably won’t shoot either idk.

Reactions: giles

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Yup...we have all the deer[emoji23]

All the big deer. Y’all kill them every year w a bow. That’s the guys first big buck. Be glad a few of us down south boys don’t live up there, you just might learn a thing or two lol.