Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE from the stand 2018-19

Floki

Well my evening consisted of getting out for the last hour. I had hunted this spot two days ago.

So last time I went out at 5oclock. I was standing around In the general area I wanted to hunt looking stupid. Trying to decide where I wanted to sit. So I’m standing there look to my right watch a deer run off. So five minutes later I’m still debating and look to the same spot I watch another one come up and walk off couldn’t tell what either of the two were.

So I decide I’m going to sit in a spot. I plop my lovely ass down. Sit for about 30 seconds and decide I want to be at a different tree ten yards farther away. So I get up go to that tree sit down, and instantly felt that that’s the tree that’s the spot I mesh with. Like the view got good shooting lanes naturally. So I just need to move this grape vine behind me. So I set bow down and bend this grape vine behind me. I look up and I got a small 4 point coming my way. So I grab my phone record it. It gets to about 6 yards from me and realizes it’s in a bad spot. Snorts once jumps runs about ten yards walks off..

So about 645 a doe and a fawn come in. They come in at about 10 yards from on a diagonal walk. Stop eat the fawn keeps going.(sorta weird) dawn was out of sight for a good five minutes then the mom followed path..Nothing else came through.

Now everybody is up to speed.

So this evening I go out for the last hour, I’m sitting there, about same time 645 I hear them coming the doe and the dawn. Same thing come out same spot fawn is leading mom is behind mom stops at same tree dawn countines in. Mom follows. At that point they are out of sight. I sorta sit up and as I’m doing that I look where they came from through some thick stuff fifty yards away.. (saplings,vines briars) well low and behold I see a head looking right at me. All I could see was it’s face and a little of its neck. There couldn’t have been a better window for this deer. Everything on it was covered but it’s head (eye balls/neck) So we had a ten minute staring contest. Neither of us moved. Finally the deer walked off in to the field all alone nothing behind it.

I know there’s a decent buck, in the area. The way it acted. I know it wasn’t a little buck. It woulda kept coming. Wouldn’t have stood still that long. I guess I’ll never know at this point.what I do know is if I woulda waited to move ten seconds more and I barley did move. I woulda known..

Cogz

Cogz
TX
Took Kai out tonight for his 2nd sit of the yr . At 9 yrs old his standards are anything with antlers . Well , at 530 one with antlers came walking in and startrd eating on the 🌽 pile .
It stayed quartering towards us for about 10 minutes before starting to walk off . I got him positioned and stopped the deer . Softly whispered a reminder to aim good and squeeze and a second later the crossbow went off .
The deer mule kicked then ran a short distance before crashing in sight .

Bloody mess .
View attachment 66445
What a smoke show!!! Great job Kai!

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Took Kai out tonight for his 2nd sit of the yr . At 9 yrs old his standards are anything with antlers . Well , at 530 one with antlers came walking in and startrd eating on the 🌽 pile .
It stayed quartering towards us for about 10 minutes before starting to walk off . I got him positioned and stopped the deer . Softly whispered a reminder to aim good and squeeze and a second later the crossbow went off .

Bloody mess .
View attachment 66445
Congrats!! Sounds like everything went according to plan.

rooster85

Lake County
Took Kai out tonight for his 2nd sit of the yr . At 9 yrs old his standards are anything with antlers . Well , at 530 one with antlers came walking in and startrd eating on the [emoji535] pile .

Bloody mess .
View attachment 66445

Congrats Kai! Great shot. What broad head? Real good buck.

Floki

Bloody mess .
View attachment 66445

Nicccccce... Congratulations... I’m smiling ear to ear for y’all.. Well done!👍🤙🏻

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
Congrats Kai.

First sit of the year for me. On the ground down at Stroud's.

Attachments

• IMG_20181019_160209.jpg
    IMG_20181019_160209.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 132

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
High up in the tree tops with my climber. Done screwing with it. Tried to adjust bottom section. It ended up dangling from the tied off rope cord. So there I was sitting in the sling seat with no bottom. Felt like the big swinging chairs at the fair. Looking down at the bottom my thoughts going four thousand miles per hour. Pure laughter. A bit of fear. Some frustration. The wonder if my harness would actually work should this situation get worse. I mapped out a plan for retrieval. It worked. I'm laughing now. Made me remember I had forgotten my prayer of safety for myself and all others out there. Be safe all! Don't be stupid like me earlier. 😁