Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE from the stand 2018-19

Big H

Medina
I live in summit - split time between portage and muskingum.
Yeah I think so too. Idk where you're at but here in northern Medina county, we usually don't see a huge pickup til maybe today- 14. Every year the day of my sons birthday (Nov. 15) we get lots of chasing around here. Happens every year I can remember. So that's always a plus. I'm holding out that I've killed a deer on Nov. 5 for the last 5 years. Come on good juju! Lol

I live in the same area as you, and you are spot on as to when they turn on around here....

Big H

Medina
So bummed...Drew stuck our #1 square in the shoulder. Came in chasing a doe and went right under Drew, 15 ft away!! He started to chase again and I grunted slowing him down and then I snort wheezed and he stopped broadside wide open at 20 yds, perfect. Followed blood for 200 plus yds. Found arrow about 40 yds from impact. Only slick trick and 3" missing. Poor kid is devastated and I want to puke!

What poundage bow?

Jal5

Much better this afternoon. Had two does camped out to my right within a half hour of climbing into my stand. At one point I heard something and turned left to see a good mature buck in my best shooting lane. By the time I got on him he was in the thickets. Tried a grunt and a doe can to turn him but although he paused no go.

At least he is prowling my woodlot!

Big H

Medina
160 lb xbox with 100 grain slick trick

Wow, I would have thought that set up would blow right through the shoulder at that distance. A friend of mine that hunts in Lorain County has blown ST's though both shoulders with his crossbow. I always aim center mass. Hopefully you can find him. Have you put a dog on the track?

Reactions: Big_Holla and Cogz

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
7 total for the day, 2 doe with one being dogged by a small 6 point.... While I was leaving driving out the lane, a small buck standing on the lane decided he wanted too throw down with my truck.... Had a stare down for a few seconds and lowered his head then spun around and took off..... Crazy youngin....

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Thought I'd share a little more.

I have about 8 acres of frontage that you see below with a one an a half of it being an alfalfa field that the deer truly like.

The whole place is surrounded by two creeks.

The rest is mowed grass with a verity of various trees, such as big White Pines, big Norway Pines, big Silver & Sugar Maples, tons of huge Walnut trees, big Daniel Fur Pines and tremendous Sicamors.

The neighboring properties are huge farms with ag fields across the road, CRP fields & hardwoods also surrounding us.

I have access to approximately 1,000 acres to hunt, but I mainly hunt very close to my home, roughly within a couple hundred acres at best is what I mainly hunt.

I have plenty of deer signs all around my place and like I said previously, the deer use these creeks heavily this time of year.
View attachment 67714

Now you're in the know 'TOO'-ville ;)
Shooter strolled by as you typed all that[emoji23][emoji23]

Reactions: OO2 and Wildlife

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Saw a doe shortly after I climbed in and hot settled and a nice 8 point about 20 minutes before dark . Had a big ol body and a decent rack . Was probably 125ish . He passed by at 15 yds .

Reactions: Sgt Fury

Trueroots

Norton , Ohio
Been awful slow for me as well. Pretty disappointing to say the least. Haven’t seen a mature buck yet and very little rutting activity while on stand( have seen plenty while driving). Gonna keep at it and hope it picks up. Good luck fellas

Reactions: Sgt Fury