Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE! From the Stand 2022-2023 Edition

Concordmeadowsfarm

SE Ohio
“”I know what I've always suspected....we've got some poachers in the area. The camp down the road got them on video. The lead car took the shot (silenced or a low caliber) and the truck behind them picked up the deer. They even yelled "you got him". They didn't get the deer. The video was too fuzzy to make out any details. Someone else has a better description...maybe a Florida plate. It only makes sense....there are 4 camps on our road that are close together. All of us have seen very few bucks this year. 🤬“”

Had it happen a few years ago in Athens Co, the guys spot lighting the field spot lighted my front porch. I was MF pissed.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Wrong wind for my property today so I’m hunting on some public ground. Given the fact there’s been a good buck around normally I would risk it with the wind… but this area I’m in today had consistent daylight activity on the cam yesterday so there may be a hot doe nearby. Crazy not to try it. Plus it’s always nice to change up the scenery when you’ve been hammering one spot for days on end. Feels like a good day to see some deer. I’m in for a long sit, at least until 2:00. These mosquitoes can all go to hell though. I’m getting annihilated.

Chancegriffis

Salesville ohio
Deer movement this morning was impeccable! 10 more. Most of the does that weren’t being pushed worked through at about 805/815. The other 3 does that came through were all being bumped by bucks. All of which were small, besides one. Same double main beam, Turkey foot buck that I had an encounter with a couple hunts ago. Movement has been dead for about half an hour and to be completely honest, I’m not looking forward to missing tonight’s hunt! But hey. Kiddos come first lol! Good luck to all who are going tonight and I will holler at ya’ll in the am!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Very lackluster day for me. Only a doe and a BB seen. Just came home and took the quad around... refreshed all of my mock scrapes. Debating whether to keep taking time off and hunting this warm spell this week... Or go back to work and wait for something to show up on camera in daylight.