Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE! From the Stand 2022-2023 Edition

ThatBuckeyeGuy

Ohio
Looking on my phone for deer processing right now. My standards get higher with the temps going up lol. Just wanted to beat the little eight I shot in 2020 but it's going to have to be a mounter to fuck with one when it's warm out.
Same boat lol , latest open processor close to me closes at 8. So I'd have to gut it and get it there by then and its a half hour drive. The deer haven't been showing up till just before dark where I hunt. Otherwise I'd have to call off work tonight if I shot one and quarter it and get it in the fridge and then take it in the morning . Decisions decisions

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Same boat lol , latest open processor close to me closes at 8. So I'd have to gut it and get it there by then and its a half hour drive. The deer haven't been showing up till just before dark where I hunt. Otherwise I'd have to call off work tonight if I shot one and quarter it and get it in the fridge and then take it in the morning . Decisions decisions
I’d call the processor and see if they have a drop off procedure. Some do. They’ll have a walk in cooler you can place it in.

Reactions: Isaacorps

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
It's archery also and we all know it's not a perfect hit every time. If you hit liver and have to wait till the next day to track it you would only be getting pics and no meat. Should of hit the buy now button when looking at Rtic 65 quart coolers the other day.

TinyTucky

The Flatlands
Heard one deer blow this am, some guy stumbled in around 9, so that was awesome. Pulled all of our stuff and have relocated to another section of this public. Loving this setup, other than the wind being an absolute a-hole. It looks like it could be bedding 360° around me, and a pretty nice oak flat upwind and cross wind from me. We saw very little buck sign, but tons of super fresh deer sign everywhere, and we wanna kill something. I’m in a huge oak that has a super old ladder stand in it, that replaced a wooden stand that’s in a pile at the bottom. Figured that was a good sign. Plus I didn’t have to haul my sticks in with me, just my platform. Warm temps and swirling ass wind, should setup terribly. Ya never know tho I guess.

ThatBuckeyeGuy

Ohio
Decision made , fugg that job!

Attachments

• KIMG1935.JPG
    KIMG1935.JPG
    167.4 KB · Views: 96

Chancegriffis

Salesville ohio
Well, looks like the boys want to make a sit tonight behind the house with their crossbows! Getting dressed in now! Looks like I’ll be hunting after all! No good daylight movement out here in eastern guernsey on big boys but there are two shooters for the boys making an appearance daily right at last light! Plus does are fair game too! Praying for deer blood tonight!!

ThatBuckeyeGuy

Ohio
Just had an Amish kid come walking in.... They used to help with hay and that's why the landowner let them hunt . Two years ago they said it's to far of a buggy drive after work and said they were done so I started hunting here again . They showed up during gun season last year and now I guess they're bow hunting again. When they used to hunt here I'd turn around and go home when I seen their buggy here. They had to walk right past my truck guess they don't share the same courtesy . They could've even hunted the other side of the farm.. coming back tomorrow and pulling my stand. Makes sense why I haven't seen hardly any deer here. Watched him go up with a climber in the middle of the bedding area

Chancegriffis

Salesville ohio
Just had an Amish kid come walking in.... They used to help with hay and that's why the landowner let them hunt . Two years ago they said it's to far of a buggy drive after work and said they were done so I started hunting here again . They showed up during gun season last year and now I guess they're bow hunting again. When they used to hunt here I'd turn around and go home when I seen their buggy here. They had to walk right past my truck guess they don't share the same courtesy . They could've even hunted the other side of the farm.. coming back tomorrow and pulling my stand. Makes sense why I haven't seen hardly any deer here. Watched him go up with a climber in the middle of the bedding area
Sorry to hear that brother. I’ve had my run ins with the Amish this year as well… not worth having the conversation again. Seems like there’s very little respect when it comes to hunting that comes from those people

ThatBuckeyeGuy

Ohio
Sorry to hear that brother. I’ve had my run ins with the Amish this year as well… not worth having the conversation again. Seems like there’s very little respect when it comes to hunting that comes from those people
Agreed.. I'm not even going to get worked up over it this time . Just going to pull my stand and call it quits . Not worth the frustration. I will however be squirrel hunting quite a bit in this spot now.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sitting between rain clouds. Hope they hold off until I leave. In my climber on the edge of corn and woods. Lots of oaks here. I have a fence row that dead ends 10yds in front of me. Standing corn either side of the fence row. Possible shooter passed the camera here 2 of last 3 nights in legal light. Third night at 815pm. Again this morning at 620. Need to see him on the hoof but pics tell me he will fill the freezer. Second season after our EHD year. I'm not shooting does yet. Meat is more important than antlers right now but I see maybe mid 130s I'm the grainy pics. Works for meat. . . I mean works for me. 😁