Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Looking for areas to move to

P8riot

Carbon, In
What are your needs in regards to a home?
size, lot size, outbuildings?
The house honestly doesn't have to be fancy. Basic and solid is good with me. I am needing some garage space. The more the better. Im always doing projects. I need a reloading area and work room. I would like to be able to shoot and hunt on the property with neighbors far enough away. It seems to be more land or more buildings. Cant get both on our budget 😑, which isnt shabby...but it isnt enough given the market it seems

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
The house honestly doesn't have to be fancy. Basic and solid is good with me. I am needing some garage space. The more the better. Im always doing projects. I need a reloading area and work room. I would like to be able to shoot and hunt on the property with neighbors far enough away. It seems to be more land or more buildings. Cant get both on our budget 😑, which isnt shabby...but it isnt enough given the market it seems
check your DMs

P8riot

Carbon, In
I have had my eye on them...😜

$2,000 for a real nice bow set up (bow, arrows, broadheads, targets, release, sights, etc) sound about right for 15 acres?

P8riot

Carbon, In
I was set on looking at a place in Licking and then my realtor mentioned Intel. I did some looking on the interwebs. The house was only 30 miles from it right off a highway I know they would use for trucking in material. I feel bad for you guys near where that is going in. That is going to be a massive 1,000 acre, $100 billion operation there and a decade of building that facility? Largest chip manufacturing plant in the world when done. Thats awful to put that there. I would imagine the roads are going to get destroyed. Not to mention any environmental hazards. Im sure they will pay off the right people so they can claim they are "Green" 🤨

Reactions: Left field

P8riot

Carbon, In
Can anyone tell me about Ashtabula County? SNOW! I know that much. The wife has always wanted to live somewhere where she could ride a snowmobile again. It looks like it was #3 in deer harvested. Not known for monsters, but Im a meat hunter anyway and they are there apparently.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Fairly flat, has some good fishing (Lake Erie) and decent turkey #’s as well. Route 11 usually has a lot of roadkill during rut and spring times. Does the property have a house on it or are you planning on building?

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
It has a house and 2 outbuildings. 1 of the buildings is finished and the other needs siding and garage doors. Im very excited to get nice big buildings for my projects. The house looks decent. The property is all wooded. I will probably be looking at it tomorrow.
Quad with a snowplow would be one of those needed items, if you buy there. Or a quality snow blower….

P8riot

Carbon, In
Quad with a snowplow would be one of those needed items, if you buy there. Or a quality snow blower….
First thing on my list. I was never allowed to get a quad as a kid. I never did get one because it never made sense as an adult until now.

Can you imagine having quads as a kid?
1660785344192.png

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
The property im going to look at has 12 acres. I would probably only hunt my property as well. Not as big as I would like, but 12 acres is huntable.
I own 11 acres. Even when I had access to 2,000 acres all over the county back at the peak of deer #s, it was still the best piece I had to hunt. We've killed 170" deer off it and 5 bucks 5.5 or older since 2004. Doesn't need to be big to be productive. Not saying SE Ohio is NE Ohio, but the right acres in any county of Ohio are better than most counties anywhere in the country.