Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Lung Buster Family 2019 - 2020

lung buster

hocking county
The buck she missed was probably #2 or #3 we had on cam. Pretty tall but not real wide. Honestly she waited to long deciding to shoot and when she decided i grunted to turn him back and i think she just rushed it. Poor girl was pretty upset, even had tears. She was 11 for 11until tonight...first time shooting from a stand too, always was ground level in a blind before. Tried telling her everything happens for a reason and atleast she didn't wound him but she don't want to hear it. Been there before and my success percentage is not even close to hers over the years! Says she done for awhile....

lung buster

hocking county
Drew hunts: 5
Addy hunts: 8
Deer seen Drew: 2 doe
Deer seen Addy: 10 doe, 7 buck, 2 bb

Drew and I hunted Saturday. We both seen nothing.
Got Addy back in the saddle Sunday eve. Seen two 1.5 year old bucks chasing a doe all around us. Probably done until Wednesday...

lung buster

hocking county
Two does seen tonight for Addy. No shots.
Frustration is on the horizon....not just kids but i gotta admit im starting to feel it too. Dang! Maybe something will happen in the next couple of days....

Drew hunts: 6
Deer seen Drew: 2 doe, 1 buck
Deer seen Addy: 12 doe, 7 buck, 2 bb

lung buster

hocking county
Drew and I split up tonight. He seen two different 4 pointers and then another buck chasing a doe right at dark..no shots, could of but not what he's after...i seen 0 but i wasn't surprised. Put him in the honey hole and i stayed low and used climber, probably could have left my bow at home which i figured, lol...back out in the am with Drew....something is about to have a leak. We have been too patient....

Drew hunts: 7
Deer seen Drew: 3 doe, 4 buck

lung buster

hocking county
I was going to sit with drew in his blind this am. We had shooters there in the am 3 times this week. Drew said we should just split up and hunt so we have a better chance. I walked him in to his blind well before shooting light and snuck out and went to a stand I hung last weekend. About 730 i heard a deer coming from behind me. I figured it was a 1.5 yr old buck and didnt even stand up. When I seen him i knew i wanted to shoot him so when he went behind some brush i stood and drew. I stopped him in my only lane, put my 40 yd pin on him and squeezed off. I seen the arrow hit its mark and he ran about 50 yds and I heard him crash. Its the first deer ive shot with my compound in about 7-8 yrs, since my kids have started hunting. Very happen to have had the opportunity this morning....Drew seen nothing. Dang
Taking addy out now..

Drew hunts: 8

20191116_103840.jpg

Reactions: Isaacorps and giles

lung buster

hocking county
Had the best rut action that I've seen/heard in almost 30 years of deer hunting tonight with Addy. She had 4 does in front of her including a huge nanny Addy has been wanting. Addy had safety off waiting on a perfect shot when the woods exploded. Two big bucks were fighting across from us and Addy said it sounded like a tornado ..lol they were, grunting snort wheezing and fighting. It went on forever and we set there amazed. She let the does walk off waiting on one of the bucks and they never came close enough...cool experience!

Drew hunts: 8
Addy hunts: 9
Deer seen Addy: 16 doe, 9 buck, 2 bb

lung buster

hocking county
Drew seen 2 does last night.
Addy was skunked tonight in the stand. First skunk in 10 sits for her so not complaining. We did bump one sneaking out, seen its tail...so she's not considering tonight a skunk...lol

Drew hunts: 10
Addy hunts: 10
Deer seen Drew: 5 doe, 4 buck
Deer seen Addy: 16 doe, 9 buck, 2 bb