Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Official TOO 2011 Shed Contest

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
IMG]http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu12/FinelyShedded/Small4GoodwinFarm3-13-09.jpg[/IMG]

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
After looking at your pics Ric, that got my blood pumping......

Here are a couple of my finds from last year as they layed...

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Chad, I remember those pics of yours! You found some huge bone last year. I love to view ATL pics because they tell a lot. Which direction they were going, if they were bedding drops or traveling drops,how long they laid based on chews,staining or sunbleached! Sheds are such a good indication of where most bucks go to feed this time of year. My most favorite thing about ATL pics is, it is the last pic of a bucks crown before a humans hand touches it! What can I say........I'm a nut when it comes to sheds! I have never found a hanger yet but if I do, you can bet your ass I'll take a pic before I reap my reward! Several Pics I'm sure!LOL:smiley_coolpeace:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
What is a hanger? hehehe

Attachments

• Fork horn on a branch03-14-10_0909.jpg
    Fork horn on a branch03-14-10_0909.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 148

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I apologize for posting all these pics and for the record I haven't even started looking for sheds yet let alone stumbled onto one this season. I was just trying TOO sway Joe and Jesse and the rest of ya'll into making ATL photos as an additional category. Kinda like the way JD does with his deer photos I think unique ATL pics would be a nice addition. What you ins tink?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I don't know if we need a category, but I think everyone appreciates the ATL pictures. I am sure we will see plenty of them.

JD- Keep texting them to me and I will post them for you. This way I get to see the pictures first. lol

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
This isn't mine but my bro snooped around yesterday and found this nice 3 point side half buried in the snow along the edge of a picked cornfield.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Uglykat, first and formost you have TOO know where several bucks are frequenting during this time of year. Once that is established, check fencecrossings,bedding areas and trails leading TOO and from bedding areas and FOOD SOURCES. Oh, did I mention FOOD SOURCES!lol

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Excellent Mike! Here is the key to my success last year. You need to get out there right now! Not necessarily walking the fields looking for them, but see where they have the most foot traffic. Make mental notes. Next, you get out there and look. Snow is okay for looking, but it depends upon the depth. Keep in mind the odds are not in your favor. It makes them tougher to see.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Here are some sheds from one property last year. I am glad the kids outgrew those boots. I think they still have mud on them we couldn't get off. These were on the same property either in the field or just along the edge of the field along the property fence line.

Attachments

• K's prop last year shed0001.jpg
    K's prop last year shed0001.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 134
  • K's field crab claw brow0001.jpg
    K's field crab claw brow0001.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 131
  • K's field0001.jpg
    K's field0001.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 126

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
I love the field pics of the sheds guys!!

Some good info on places to key in on TOO!!!

Did anybody mention looking in and around food sources? :smiley_blink:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
We cleaned up parking lot all night. Got home and went coyote hunting. Nothing to show for it, so I logged several miles looking for sheds and making mental notes of travel patterns.