Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Official TOO 2011 Shed Contest

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Got on a good trail today for a short walk and came across this one.

Some quick measurements were 6" brow and 23" main.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
WTF... I was out with the beagles for 4 hours walked all the deer paths I came across and not one stinking shed.... Walked all the field edges swamp edges and cut corn field edges....WTF....... Man I can't ever remember finding one yet lol.....

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Very nice Mike! As of a few days ago there were two 130-140" bucks running together still carrying. Dumb deer just about both got killed by a plow truck returning to the shop. I would like the antlers in my hands, but not that way. Too busy to shed hunt right now. Coyote hunting and plowing snow!

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
There's just too much snow up here right now to look for sheds......I put out 3 trail cameras a week ago over some ear corn to see what inventory might be left. I figure by the end of the month it will be about time to start looking a little.

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
Gern..

I had about 6 to 8 inchs of snow to deal with..This shed was laying in a bed under a ceder. There must of been somebody in there this weekend because i saw 2 sets of boot tracks..Who knows what they found..Unbeleievable..cant even shed hunt without compettition.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Yeah, I figure most guys around here are too lazy to get out and walk in the snow, and there are very few guys that even look for sheds also. I will keep hunting yotes while the snow is on, good luck to you finding the bone.

Diablo54

Outside
Went to a spot that is public (nature trails no hunting) i didn't want to go to my hunting spots yet. Looked for 2 hrs and got within 25 yards of a bedded doe. She wasn't afraid of me at all. I went to the other side of the field and bedded on the shelf were 4 bucks all carrying there head gear. I snuck out and i will be back to walk that shelf in march!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
My buddy and I got skunked today. Checked the camera cards and we still have at least one still carrying. He is the one we want the most too. I think when the snow melts this week we are hitting it hard. I am thinking the long, hard, cold spell had them dropping just before we got covered in snow/ice.