Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Post your Vintage Outdoors pictures here!!

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Couple more from the late 70's

My Dad didn't hunt, but he did love to fish. I know there's gotta be some old pics of his from fishing trips he used to take up to Canada. I'll have to see if I can find some of those next trip.

My Dad on Lake Erie...

Grandpa on Lake Erie...

And I think these are back at Grandpa's house of them cleaning fish from this trip. I'm in this one TOO...

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
A couple of my Uncle Chuck...

From when he was just a few years old...

To one where he was a little more grown up...

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
That's a jack rabbit. They're huge compared the the cotton tails we chase around here! They'd probably chase the beagles!

Grandpa killed that mule deer close to the end of the hunt that week. He did some pump work for the rancher while they were out there, and as a way of saying thanks, he gave my Grandpa some pointers on where to set up on the property for a big deer. He saw a few good ones early in the week, but held out and was fortunate to get a crack at this one. I'm lucky enough to have that rack hanging up in the man cave.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Thought about this thread the other night looking back at some old pics. Figured I'd bring this one back up to the top. Hopefully we've got some new members that can add onto the thread.

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Vintage.... that means we're getting old...lol. Back in '82, I started my deer hunting career. Mom & dad were in New Orleans visiting my brother & wife so I was on my own. All I did then was bump into some guy while still hunting & we became life long friends. In '83, dad decided to get back into deer hunting which was a great life change for me. That's the 1st year you could take a doe or buck & it sounded like a war zone that 1st day. I'll never forget this.... at 0815 on opening morn, this deer came running past me thru an open field, which I naturaly missed with my shot & dad popped him from 70 yards away with his Ithica 12 ga. I ended up getting a doe the following friday ....

Here's a buck taken with my crossbow in '93 .....

One of my dad's fishing trips when I was probably 5 ....

Perhaps after having a shoreline lunch ....

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
One of my favorite threads! I'm probably going to tear this house apart now, looking for long-lost memories.

teej89

NE PA
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377189313.306738.jpg

This isn't vintage but here's the first doe I ever shot. And the next is the following year my first buck. Man I'll never forget those moments.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377189337.617749.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377189337.617749.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 148

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Here is my 1991 8 point. This was my first buck and first bow kill. I was 17 at the time and a junior in high school. I used and old school Percision that my dad got when he owned a bow shop back in the 70's.

1311.jpg

This next pic is my dad, Old Scout, in Virginia in the 70's. He's holding the bow I used to kill the buck above.

002.jpg

Last edited: