Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Recent Pics

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
sweet, that 8 point should go into the "whered he come from" thread.
same kinda deal. cams out all spring and summer and all the sudden "POOF" a new buck materializes out of thin air.

He looks young, got TONS of potential.

the buck in the second and third picsseems to have a taller rack, is it a different buck? Not the wide 7 youve already been seeing.

Thats it, squirrel hunters be damned I'm putting my cams back out tommorow after work to see if I can get a better look at that 10.

BTW, you need to set the date on your cam, Is the time right?

I fixed that this afternoon when I got home and put the card in and seen the wrong dates lol. I figure the time is off as well (Fixed that as well) lol.

I will put the cams back out tomorrow in a different spot (correct time and date lol) since the guy mowed down the path for some strange reason yesterday. Just hope he didn't screw up my deer movement for very long.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
do you mind if i make a comment in this thread about bushnell trophy cams?:smiley_blackeye:

sorry buddy, I just couldnt help myself.:smiley_crocodile:

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Who's there...who's watching me.....

LOL

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
i was out this morning and happened to check the new cam spots. Looks good so far and getting plent of pics of fawns and doe. I did get a couple new bucks show up. I will pull and post them over the weekend.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Seems that bucks have went back into hiding over the past week since they are sheding velvet. Here are some pics I just pulled off the cam so enjoy :D

The new 7pt.

Thought this one was cool

The same 8pt just a different location

A bunch of does showing up now.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
so did you take the leaves off the tree on the left side or did they blow off?

the bucks must all be related be cause they all have the tall narrow racks.

cool pics

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
so did you take the leaves off the tree on the left side or did they blow off?

the bucks must all be related be cause they all have the tall narrow racks.

cool pics

I cut them off the other day when I went and checked the cam and my treestand shooting lanes.

I think a couple of those bucks are related by the looks of it. The only one with a NORMAL looking rack is that basket rack 8pt. I'm not sure if they have all moved back to the woods to get the velvet off or what the deal is. I just know they aren't useing that field edge much right now. Guess we will see what walks past during season lol.

Oh and that big doe closest to the cam in that last pic...will be on the doe target list lol :D

Last edited:

rrr

Damn I figured since I was feeding them in a way that I'd get to pop momma...I'd NEVER predict that I'd say this, if Jesse reads this he'll probably have a heart attack, but I'll have to put an arrow through that spotted one for ya :)

Glad I could help you out!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Damn I figured since I was feeding them in a way that I'd get to pop momma...I'd NEVER predict that I'd say this, if Jesse reads this he'll probably have a heart attack, but I'll have to put an arrow through that spotted one for ya :)

Glad I could help you out!

Thank you very much Steve :D.

If I can keep them coming in I will save a couple for ya to shoot lol.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Yet another 7pt. I can't tell if this was the BIG 7pt after shedding or not ?

Tall rack 8pt.

and yet another Doe...but at least they show up during the day :D.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Dang Adam, you check that thing every day? Not complaining, just curious. I think your 7 is the same one. I can't imagine too many with brows that high up on the main beam. The tall 8 is nice. Definitely tall. Nice pics. Good luck!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Dang Adam, you check that thing every day? Not complaining, just curious. I think your 7 is the same one. I can't imagine too many with brows that high up on the main beam. The tall 8 is nice. Definitely tall. Nice pics. Good luck!

That's the advantages of having more then one cam :D. I check cams every week...was a little earlier this last time since I moved both of them but usually once a week. I checked the one cam that shows the apples yesterday and that cam is down by my stand. The ones I posted today came from the other cam on the other end of about 1/2 mile long fence row :D.

I think I'm changing target bucks to that tall 8pt. That Big 7pt. is kind of disappointing now that he lost alot more size from the velvet shed then I thought he would :(.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I'll kill it for ya.:smiley_devil:

guess my standards arent as high as yours:smiley_bbq:

I told ya today...I have no standards lol. I just thought with it only being a couple weeks between pics he would have kept some of his mass. I was wrong once again lol. Course we could kill him just so we can try and get the gene pool back into shape lol. Too many narrow tall racks with 7pts. out there lol. I have 2 of them on cams now.

Last edited:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Definitely the same buck as before(referring to the wide 7), RC. He is prolly a good example of a cull deer. He looks nice and healthy and well fed but will prolly never be a monster high scoring deer. Still, he'd look good on a wall and make a fine trophy. Goodluck in your decision buddy!

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
That wide seven is pretty cool looking. I think Rick is right though, that buck prolly won't get much bigger. Looks like you got some nice fat does running around too! I'm hoping to bust one opening weekend and have some backstrap on the grill!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
That wide seven is pretty cool looking. I think Rick is right though, that buck prolly won't get much bigger. Looks like you got some nice fat does running around too! I'm hoping to bust one opening weekend and have some backstrap on the grill!

We do indeed have a few fat doe running around out there lol. I am planning on cracking one opening weekend as well. I'm going to give the meat to my uncle and his house load of kids. The second doe is going to be divided up between the rest of the family and maybe if I'm lucky enough to connect with more I will spread that one around as well :D.

All the pics with apples are only 20-30 yards from my stand :D.

rrr

That doe standing over that pile of apples just makes me smile. I hope you whack her Adam!