Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Recent Pics

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Man. That is some BIG mature woods.. You could see a deer coming 300 yards away.. Worse yet they can see you playing fugg fugg in the stand that far away too.

The woods I hunt is thick with Amur honeysuckle.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Man. That is some BIG mature woods.. You could see a deer coming 300 yards away.. Worse yet they can see you playing fugg fugg in the stand that far away too.

The woods I hunt is thick with Amur honeysuckle.

Your not kidding about being able to see for ever in there. Kind of sucks to be honest with ya. I think that's why the deer only use it for a traveling property and don't spend any daylight hours there after the frost kills what little foliage is there. NO COVER. I might get with the land owners and see if they will allow me to do some select cutting in there (I need firewood for next season anyway. :D) Most of the trees are lodge poles and are great for climbers but have little to no cover below 30' lmao.

Really does need thinned out and allow the undergrowth and some younger tress to grow. Sucks in the fall trying to walk in there and have it be almost a foot deep in leaves :(.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
All the survivers I will be looking for sheds of lol.