Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Redclouds SpyPoint IR-6 pics

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Since the farm is cutting hay or should I say was until the rain put a stop to it I wanted to check on my cam in the pasture. I got out there and found they cut one pasture and got it bailed and hauled out and another pasture cut I was expecting to see my section of the pastures on the other side of the river at least cut. I was surprised to see it hasn't been touched yet. I hope it keeps raining just enough the rest of the week that they won't be out there messing up my opening day hunt lol. Anyway, since it was just a few days ago since I checked the cams I knew there wouldn't be a lot on them with all the activity in the pasture nearby but I had brought the 4gb cards home and wanted to put the cams back on video so I needed to swap out the smaller (filler) 2gb cards. Here was about the only interesting thing I found other then a small 6pt and does.

BIG yote with a mouth full of food. I wish he was going a little slower so I could tell for sure what he had. I can only think it is a rabbit but you can't rule out a small coon or a farm cat that was also on the cam earlier in the night.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I'm just glad that small buck at the very start didn't beat the shit out of my cam lol. He walked over to the cam from my mineral site and gave a thorn bush an ass whoopin about 1-2' from my cam lmao.
That was so cool to watch Adam! He was tearin that poor sapling up I'm tellin' ya!lol

Huckleberry Finn

Hell I'm gonna refuse to hunt out there...ditch tigers and coyotes? Dang thats dangerous stuff walking in and out to the stand.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I'm surprised to see as many ditch tigers out there as I do. I figure that yote is the one responsible for killing the tenants terrier a couple months ago. If any walk by my stands they will die and I don't care if it messes up my deer hunting for the day.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I got bored and ran some preliminary numbers for you.

Pasture Cam = 689 with 50 of those being 10sec videos

Woods Cam = 1040 with 120 of those being 30sec videos

Both cams showed full battery when I swapped cards on Friday. Pretty good balance of day and night pics as well. I will keep the numbers going and post again when they are at half life.

Updated

I'm going to go pull cards tomorrow in the rain but before I do here are the numbers I have as of right now.

Woods Cam : 1039 pics, 175 - 30s vids, 37 - 10s vids

Pasture cam : 1189 pics, 144 - 10s vids, 90 - 30s vids

Both cams still read full batteries.

Last edited:

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I'm am loving the stats on the battery life Adam, thanks for sharing! Mine will be going in with me Monday and hung on travel corrider that I usually don't hunt until the last week of October to gun season. Surrounded by corn this year, so hoping for some great pics to share!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I had to go back and dig this thread out of page 5 but thought I would update it for you all.

I have finally killed the batteries in my SpyPoint cams. Here are the numbers that I got out of these two IR-6 cams.

Cam #1 - 1177 pics 304 - 10s videos and 55 - 30s videos = dead batteries

Cam #2 - 1310 pics 356 - 10s videos and 96 - 30s videos = dead batteries

I will do a review on the cams and post it in the next few days but thought you all might want to see the final numbers.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
A couple of the last pics on the old batteries.

Couple big fat coons still to get rid of lol. Next weekend will be GO time. Was going to do it this weekend but Dante wanted to muzzy hunt and I was being nice lol.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Checked cams and dumped a little corn over the mineral site today. Found the 9pt made it through the muzzy season and should be a good one for next year. Still looking for the big 8pt to make a return. Didn't hear of anybody shooting him so I hope he made it.

[video=youtube;w_V2KsY2oPU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_V2KsY2oPU&list=UUupWLBS53K9R-N7e9kCsO8Q&index=1&feature=plcp[/video]

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Looking good, Adam! How long did it take them to notice the new corn?

Not long at all. I had put some minerals just off a trail they had been using 2 weeks ago and tossed some corn on the site last weekend just to see what would stick around. Seems they travel this trail ever other day. The bucks seem to only travel it once a week. Strange but so far very true. I'm not sure where the bucks go or what trail they use for daily tavel but it has to be close to this one. I know of another trail that is about 40 yards from this one but it seems to be less traveled then this one. Might try setting a cam on that one here in the next week or so and see what happens. I will get these bucks figured out sooner or later lol. This next season will only be season 2 on this section of the property so my learning curve is still going lol.