Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Season In Pictures 2010

Mao

Coshocton, OH
Richard's - Near Dad's Stand.jpgRichards orchard.jpgRichards orchard (3).jpgDeer_Pics_206.jpgblind.jpgJerry's_Buck_2010_039.jpgGrinch_009.jpg

We got the first picture of my buck in August. He seemed to disappear until mid October then we started to get lots of pics of him again. I hunted him hard along with a different buck I was after on another property. I was able to arrow him on October 31st and found him on November 1st. After I tagged out I worked hard to help my dad get on a buck. He had rough go of it during the rut but kept at it into the late season. He decided he wanted to try and take a deer from a ground blind so I helped him set up a couple and tagged along to try and video for him. We had a couple close encounters with a real nice big ten that I would guess would be close to the 140 mark. We just couldnt get him to come all the way in. Then on December 29th I was along for an evening hunt with him at the Swamp Thing blind. I was lucky enough to capture on video the entire encounter and kill. It was awesome! He just got his skull mount back of his buck and I picked up my mount from the taxidemist today. It was a memorable season that I will have a tough time topping.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Great story and great pics, man. Looks like the mount turned out very nice. Thanks for sharing!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Great timeline and one heck of a season for you and your dad! Awesome pics Marcus! Congrats on gettin' it done!