Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tactacam Reveal Cell Trail Camera....

I should add that at home we only get 1-2 bars on Verizon and AT&T is nonexistent. With the XB we got 4 bars on Verizon and pics went within 10-12 seconds. The X's are AT&T and we would get 2-3 bars most of the time at home, can't recall how fast the pic would go through. At the farm most of the areas the AT&T works just fine, they were just what was available at the time. Fingers crossed the fix will make it better than ever LOL!!

Reactions: Outdoorsfellar

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I am not thrilled with the short 10 sec videos the SK has and it's pics aren't as bright as the X. I want to put the Delta in its place where I'll run it it video mode once I attach the solar panel I recieved since I get more interesting traffic & its video length is 15 / 16 secs. I'm not thrilled with the Delta video brightness either, but for the last couple months, most of its pics have been quite bright, so we'll see. I haven't been running the Delta in video mode since Nov because it'll eat up the lithiums . On the flip side, in pic mode, batteries last a very good time. Just waiting for the current batteries to go bad.

Reactions: Big_Holla
I am not thrilled with the short 10 sec videos the SK has and it's pics aren't as bright as the X. I want to put the Delta in its place where I'll run it it video mode once I attach the solar panel I recieved since I get more interesting traffic & its video length is 15 / 16 secs. I'm not thrilled with the Delta video brightness either, but for the last couple months, most of its pics have been quite bright, so we'll see. I haven't been running the Delta in video mode since Nov because it'll eat up the lithiums . On the flip side, in pic mode, batteries last a very good time. Just waiting for the current batteries to go bad.
They were saying on the one FB page that the variable video lengths was one of the main reasons their server crashed a while back a couple times. They have been saying they are optimistic to have it back available for people to use.

Vervaen

Ohio
Update…. They finally got back to me today and they do not sell the LiPo rechargeable battery pack that comes with the SK camera separately. So at this point I may try their “large” solar panel instead of the small one that comes with it. They are $60 with mixed reviews. Does any currently have a tactacam setup with the large solar panel ? If so how is it working out for you? Some reviews claim ridiculous amounts of pictures with very little battery usage. I currently have 2000 pics in the two weeks I’ve had it up and the LiPo battery pack has gone down to 60% and that is with the small solar panel connected.
I haven’t had much luck with the SK attached with solar panel. He would think the solar panel would keep the camera charged up continuously like the two cameras that I have with a solar panel attached will work for a limited amount of time and then stop working and then all of a sudden they start working again but if I take the solar panel off and make sure the internal battery is charged they worked like a charm

Vervaen

Ohio
Two part question here.
1. If you can use the Verizon or the AT&T Sim card in your area, have any of you found one carrier Sim card works better than the other carrier SIM card in the X, XB or SK?

2. I run about 26 of various reveal tactacam‘s on 110 acres mostly, to stop trespassers.
For the first time ever last week I had one stolen. That camera was placed at the end of a lane to watch who came near the property and by chance it caught a house fire and the images that were sent to my phone are the only images recorded of that house fire so naturally our fire inspector is very interested in them but 30 minutes after the fire started the camera was stolen!
Here’s the question-
How could somebody remove that camera without it taking images of being jostled?

It was attached by the strap it comes with and also a python cable. T hey cut the strap and they literally broke it off of the python cable.
Could placing something over the front of the camera so it wouldn’t be able to take any images be the way they stole this camera without any images of it being jostled?

I believe if they access the camera fast enough they can possibly shut it off before a picture is finished sending. Obviously they would have had to know the camera was even there though. Did you have the door secured closed in any way, cable lock through it? Not that it would slow them down though as they could easily cut the tabs to the hole through the door. Perhaps they removed the antenna first or even shot it?

Vervaen

Ohio
I believe if they access the camera fast enough they can possibly shut it off before a picture is finished sending. Obviously they would have had to know the camera was even there though. Did you have the door secured closed in any way, cable lock through it? Not that it would slow them down though as they could easily cut the tabs to the hole through the door. Perhaps they removed the antenna first or even shot it?

Vervaen

Ohio
Camera secured through door with larger python cable lock.
not only did they break door off, they had to have broken the plastic (hence why theft) loops on back that cable went through.

Why can’t the company make the XB and the SK exactly like the very first camera so the back is flat and fits into a security box without any part of it hanging out back
so a python cable can access completely through the box so there’s no plastic that the cable has to go through thus facilitating and easy theft by breakage?

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Just broke down and bought my first Tactacam Reveal trail camera thanks to many of you. Should receive it Sunday. It'll replace a wildgame TC that is starting to produce rather poor quality night photos. We'll see how it goes. I look forward to use it throughout the new year. I expect to see much sharper and higher quality images at that location in the near future. I admit, the cost for the new replacement with a security box stung a little so, I hope it'll be worth it. I'll find out soon enough...

Just broke down and bought my first Tactacam Reveal trail camera thanks to many of you. Should receive it Sunday. It'll replace a wildgame TC that is starting to produce rather poor quality night photos. We'll see how it goes. I look forward to use it throughout the new year. I expect to see much sharper and higher quality images at that location in the near future. I admit, the cost for the new replacement with a security box stung a little so, I hope it'll be worth it. I'll find out soon enough...
Good luck with it Denny. Just make sure you follow the recommendations on the correct SD card and you should be good to go. Ask your questions too on set-ups. The XB has quickly become our favorite camera and after this weekend we will have several more deployed.

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
6942c43a-fd5d-400f-adb0-83e74b63d582.jpg

Working flawlessly! The big guy @theotherfarm.

Thanks for turning me on to this camera guys!

I'm lovin it!

Last edited:

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
When I purchased the new Tactacam Reveal X last week, I also purchased a brand new Wildgame Innovations Mirage 22 model trail camera with a security box to replace an older Wildgame model camera that was slowly starting to fail, not flashing quite bright enough during the dark hours to get a decent quality nighttime image.

Well, when I received that brand new Wildgame Mirage 22 camera earlier in the week, it was a complete failure right out of the box. Would not power up. So, I returned it back to Amazon and received another brand new replacement (same brand & model) the very next day. That one appeared to work just fine in my workshop when I configured it. I then installed it with the brand new security Locbox at one of my hunting setups nearest to my home.

Within the past three days, I've had nothing but problems with that freaking camera, from not taking any photos at all to not being able to shut the damn thing off, and/or being able to change any configuration options.

So, fuck it!

I just pulled that piece of shit camera back out of the woods, boxed it back up along with the new security Locbox that fits that model as well. Both will be shipped back to Amazon today.

As a replacement for that location, I just purchased my very second wireless cell cam, the Tactacam Reveal XB model with the solar panel.

SmartSelect_20220626-143407_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Should receive the camera tomorrow and the security Locbox for it should be here next week.

Now I wished I did that the first go around, however my original thinking was that I really didn't need a wireless camera for that hunting setup because it's the closets one to my house.

Anyhow, now I'll have two Tactacam Reveal trail cameras within my arsenal, which will up my overall trail camera total to seven in a half. The half is the WIldgame that is failing to flash and will be configured for daylight only once I have the new Tactacam Reveal XB installed.

Going forward, if any of my other older trail cameras happen to fail in the future, they'll be replaced with the new Tactacam Reveals or the latest model equivalent.

Last edited:
Reactions: Big_Holla

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
When I purchased the new Tactacam Reveal X last week, I also purchased a brand new Wildgame Innovations Mirage 22 model trail camera with a security box to replace an older Wildgame model camera that was slowly starting to fail, not flashing quite bright enough during the dark hours to get a decent quality nighttime image.

Well, when I received that brand new Wildgame Mirage 22 camera earlier in the week, it was a complete failure right out of the box. Would not power up. So, I returned it back to Amazon and received another brand new replacement (same brand & model) the very next day. That one appeared to work just fine in my workshop when I configured it. I then installed it with the brand new security Locbox at one of my hunting setups nearest to my home.

Within the past three days, I've had nothing but problems with that freaking camera, from not taking any photos at all to not being able to shut the damn thing off, and/or being able to change any configuration options.

So, fuck it!

I just pulled that piece shit camera back out of the woods, boxed it back up along with the new security Locbox that fits that model as well. Both will be shipped back to Amazon today.

As a replacement for that location, I just purchased my very second wireless cell cam, the Tactacam Reveal XB model with the solar panel.

View attachment 155164

Should receive the camera tomorrow and the security Locbox for it should be here next week.

Now I wished I did that the first go around, however my original thinking was that I really didn't need a wireless camera for that hunting setup because it's the closets one to my house.

Anyhow, now I'll have two Tactacam Reveal trail cameras within my arsenal, which will up my overall trail camera total to seven in a half. The half is the WIldgame that is failing to flash and will be configured for daylight only once I have the new Tactacam Reveal XB installed.

Going forward, if any of my other older trail cameras happen to fail in the future, they'll be replaced with the new Tactacam Reveals or the latest model equivalent.
Spartan cameras are on sale for just under $200. I know that’s more than a tactacam, but the Spartans are usually over $400. I have both and after the initial investment on the camera, the yearly cost to operate is virtually the same. The only reason I’m mentioning it is because the Spartan cameras have great picture quality…the tactacams are not as sharp.