Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The TOO Live Hunt and Recap Thread: 2013 Edition

Kaiser878

ohio
When out tonight to get out of the house for a quiet evening sit. Then I got hungry. That's when shit got real.
uploadfromtaptalk1389919796269.jpg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I asked Karissa is she wanted to go hunting this evening and was pleasantly surprised! We have a brisk light northerly wind and we're set up on the creek bottom where I got a pic of that nice 8 pt on Dec. 30th. at 5:30 pm.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
The doe are safe if they were to present a shot opportunity. Daughters choice and I'm ok with it as we don't have a lot of deer anyway.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Yes I did Chad! As predicted both eventually came right on in right under us about 6-7 yards from the base of our tree. One was a bb and his momma. Had shot ops at both and we both enjoyed the encounter. Got video of the whole thing with Karissa and both deer below her in the background. Great sit for sure! She was pumped afterwards...:smiley_coolpeace:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks guys! Here's a pic of the nice doe that gave us a great shot opp. I'll try and post a pic or two with Karissa and the deer both in it.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
Saw a buck and another deer eating from my "daily rations" bait pile yesterday in the early afternoon, so I decided to hunt for a couple of hours this afternoon. All I did was totally and completely FREEZE my hands, butt and feet off.

Starting tomorrow I'll be able to evening hunt. I'm only throwing enough bait each day (apples, sweet feed and corn) to force them to come in right before dark if they want to eat.