Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Fall Outing: Strouds Run October 11-13

Will you be attending this event?

• Yes

Votes: 18 58.1%
  • No

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I have a huge skillet I've been using over our fires at home, I'll pack it along. Whomever is burning breakfast should be able to burn a lot of it all at once.

I went to the gun store today and purchased a conversion kit for the Traditions lightning I have. I think I'll have it loaned out to Mason's buddy if they come down and I want it to go bang if he sees a deer! It will shoot 209 primers now, that should do it. :)

Huckleberry Finn

I am not sure what my plans are, but I'm planning on being there.

I'm between taking Friday off and making it a weekend or just driving down early on Saturday morning and sleeping in the 'ru on Saturday night.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I'm 99% sure I'm not going to be able to make it either. Too much going on with the kids. We are all bumming, but Klay plays on Sundays and Kody practices on Saturdays.
I sure wish we could go, but gotta teach them that commitment thing. Lol

Make their mom take them and come down anyway lmao

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I am not sure what my plans are, but I'm planning on being there.

I'm between taking Friday off and making it a weekend or just driving down early on Saturday morning and sleeping in the 'ru on Saturday night.

You better make it. Good grief son, I almost forgot what ya look like since I haven't seen ya in 2 years lol.

mrex

*Supporting member*
I have a huge skillet I've been using over our fires at home, I'll pack it along. Whomever is burning breakfast should be able to burn a lot of it all at once.

I went to the gun store today and purchased a conversion kit for the Traditions lightning I have. I think I'll have it loaned out to Mason's buddy if they come down and I want it to go bang if he sees a deer! It will shoot 209 primers now, that should do it. :)

I checked on Mason’s stand this evening…he’s good to go!

The pawpaws are breaking the branches just over the ridge and the “yellow” acorns are now dropping out at about 40 yards…

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sweet! Thanks for checking that out! Good to know, and I'll be sure to pass the info along to Mason. He's lucky to have the "legend" scouting for him!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Bedrock cannot do a canopy that weekend due to their entire inventory (at least of 20x40) being rented out for OU's homecoming. I am awaiting a response regarding similar sizes. So, I can try to track down another one if they can't help us or we can all bring as many pop up canopies as we can and hope the rain doesn't last long.

What say all ye faithful?

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
We'll get along just fine either way, Jesse.
I just got confirmation that Mason's best friend, Noah and his dad will be coming with me. Pretty good chance I'll send them to the stand Mike an I set up last year. He has yet to kill a deer and I'd like to see him get a crack at one. I've got him a rifle all ready to go, I'm sure a little practicing and he will get it done.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Bedrock cannot do a canopy that weekend due to their entire inventory (at least of 20x40) being rented out for OU's homecoming. I am awaiting a response regarding similar sizes. So, I can try to track down another one if they can't help us or we can all bring as many pop up canopies as we can and hope the rain doesn't last long.

What say all ye faithful?

Rain is nothing new to TOO outings. I'd say we just about have dealing with it down pat at this point.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Ok. I'll forgo tracking one down unless they have a viable option in the same price point. That said, the only thing we will owe is rental on the group camp. Everyone bring some cash. $5-10 a head will cover it...