Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Projects Thread

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
@"J" Those smaller ones are handy. 30-35hp range (like Buckmasters) is a great size for home owner, light commercial. I have a 43hp and it tackles everything I ask of it. There are plenty of times it is overkill and a smaller one would be more handy/agile. Not enough for me to buy one, but I'm asking different things of mine versus if I needed one solely for my property.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
2370. My bad. For our lot and 11 acres, it's about perfect size wise. I'd like more HP, but it would be tough to mow with anything much bigger. And I'll need turf tires. I'll have both so I can swap out for food plots at the farm, but turf tires will be a must. These test things up too bad.

20200419_133127.jpg

2370. My bad. For our lot and 11 acres, it's about perfect size wise. I'd like more HP, but it would be tough to mow with anything much bigger. And I'll need turf tires. I'll have both so I can swap out for food plots at the farm, but turf tires will be a must. These test things up too bad.

View attachment 100055

It is hard to get 1 size tractor to do everything. Better off with 2. LOL. With turf tires, you can always throw on a set a chains for when you are doing work with it and need traction. May have to take the deck off though as I know my JD has very little clearance between the deck and tires. With the drive over deck/quick attach it isn't a big deal. I bought a set of chains for the rear tires on mine even though it has the R4 tires. Chains really help alot even on ag tires. THe R4 tires aren't as good as Ag tires but are a good compromise. Most of the ground I mow for grass is pretty hard so tearing up isn't an issue.

Reactions: 5Cent and twireman

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I’ve had my buddies Cub Cadet 2900 series off and on for almost 5 weeks with a few trips over too another buddies near Boone where it’s currently at cutting a driveway.
It’s the perfect size for almost anything needed around here. With the bucket and back blade I can do almost anything needed. Throw on the bush hog and you’re golden...

I’m keeping an eye out for something like it for around here. I initially wanted a side x side but the tractor would win out before that would....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
One like Jesse’s fathers just sold down the road for $18k...it came with the rear escatavor unit and bucket.
My buddies has the woods backhoe attachment as well. We trenched most of the driveway and the north and west side of our property.
First time using a backhoe and I got decently proficient at it 😂

Reactions: 5Cent

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Local shop sells Kioti. They have this model on the lot with loader, belly mower, and 4' tiller for $16,172 + tax. No money down financing, 0% for 84 months for $220 a month. Hmmm...

Screenshot_20200421-110909_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: Big_Holla

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'm going to hold tight until September to see how things play out with work, etc. I'll only be in a better spot financially and they'll only want to sell tractors even more. Although we're in great shape right now and taking on that payment wouldn't be an issue, it doesn't seem prudent given the current state of our country.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Curious to know the reasons. Wellington picked it up as a line for the Ashland location. Part and warranty availability hasn't been an issue.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Curious to know the reasons. Wellington picked it up as a line for the Ashland location. Part and warranty availability hasn't been an issue.
Don’t hold up, for light duty it’ll be ok but if you work it like a tractor it’ll let you down. Back dragging and anything above light duty work you’ll be busting and bending parts. He’s been in the business for 25+ years and when he talks, I listen....