Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Projects Thread

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I cringe everytime someone has to pickup a sledge to bust a wheel free. Nightmares of duals on tractors is enough to make a man cry😫
Hahaha yea those are another monster. More than once I’ve been doing donuts in a field or on pavement trying to get that outer wheel to break free! What a pain!

Reactions: giles

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I‘m a firm believer in snug em down as even as you torque them…. Like Jon, a little anti seize won’t hurt either.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
People think I am crazy, but I grease the mating side of every wheel before putting it back on. Especially aluminum wheels. Keeps me from having to beat the hell out of them to get them off. Works like a charm.

I‘m a firm believer in snug em down as even as you torque them…. Like Jon, a little anti seize won’t hurt either.
A little wire brushing and then some anti-seize… those hubs looked like the Tinman from wizard of oz before I put the wheels back on. I don’t think I’ll have this much trouble next time. Lol

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
This cabinet came from a laboratory at OSU and has always been a part of my dad's workshop. He had an old drafting table top on it with his grinder and a drill press. He left me the grinder and I put my own drill press on it, but those are not chores I want to do in the new version of the workshop. Once I committed to moving the lower half of my toolbox to the shop, I committed to redoing this and putting it in the garage. Took about 4 hours to complete the swap and do the makeover on this thing. This is actually a much better storage arrangement in terms of what tools/supplies go where, so I'm pretty pleased with the trade out. Gonna work on the other side of the swap tomorrow.

20220226_151918.jpg
20220226_165517.jpg

Last edited:

Chancegriffis

Salesville ohio
This cabinet came from a laboratory at OSU and has always been a part of my dad's workshop. He had an old drafting table top on it with his grinder and a drill press. He left me the grinder and I put my own drill press on it, but those are not chores I want to do in the new version of the workshop. Once I committed to moving the lower half of my toolbox to the shop, I committed to redoing this and putting it in the garage. Took about 4 hours to complete the swap and do the makeover on this thing. This is actually a much better storage arrangement in terms of what tools/supplies go where, so I'm pretty pleased with the trade out. Gonna work on the other side of the swap tomorrow.

View attachment 146621View attachment 146620
Not to derail but I found the “America First” sticker funny, on a Chinese made tool box lol

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
"The Shop" remodel continues to evolve as I try different things out. After seeing my euros there and contemplating working on bows/arrows here, I knew I needed to move my tools and supplies over for it to be more efficient. Got that done tonight and am very pleased with it now. I'll find a new spot for the euros and need a few more pegboard accessories, but this suits me just fine.

20220323_174912.jpg
20220323_185254.jpg

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Butchering area is installed. With the extra fridge down here, plus a sink/drains in the next room, I'm going to start cutting my animals up down here. Crank the tunes and get it done! 🤘

View attachment 148789
When it comes to processing deer, or any animals/fish for that matter, the value of having all of your tools and necessary facilities at arms reach can’t be overstated. It makes the whole process so much easier and more enjoyable. You’re going to like that setup, Jesse.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I imagine a lot of TOOville took advantage of the great weather this weekend to bang out a list of chores. I finally had 2 uninterrupted days to get the yard rolled, do my first weed killing of the year, cleaned up a bunch of leaves and sticks, power washed the gutters on the front of the house and all of the north side, cleaned the camper inside/out and got it back in commission, and slapped a nice mowing on everything. Feels good to finally clean up from fall and winter! All got sun burned pretty good!

This is an every other year chore that I hate, but it sure makes the house look better.

20220423_170928.jpg

The awning was 🤫 when I unrolled it. Momma would not have been happy with how I left it 😂 All better now!

20220423_145043.jpg

She's tiddy!

20220424_175126.jpg

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Looking great Jesse! I also did many of the same chores this weekend. Only got a portion of my spraying done early Saturday… then the wind kicked up and it’s been howling ever since. Pruned all my hydrangeas and trees around the house, string trimmed, mowed, straightened up some of the landscaping borders. It really does feel good to be cleaned up from the winter. I can honestly say I’m ready for summer now.