Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Turkey Chronicles - 2014 Edition

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Congrats to all of who have connected. You guys in SE Ohio are kicking butt. I have seen two groups this week. All toms. Not seen a hen yet. Too bad I wasn't hunting when I saw the first group.

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
I'm out right now trying to find/roost one for the wife in the morning. Hope to be done early tomorrow, she is sick but refuses to stay home in the morning.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Ran in to the same 6 jakes I shot at Wednesday. I set up the best I could, but there was really no cutting them off with where they roosted. Heard 9-10 birds today and all a long ways off. There is a field close by here I'd kill to hunt. Its the only real automatic spot I know of and there's at least 6 birds down there right now! Fuggers.

Kaiser878

ohio
I don't deserve to kill a bird after today. Called in a group of hens and a big.old Tom. They caught me off guard with my gun on my lap. I missed. First time in my life I've missed a stupid fucking turkey at 25 yards. I really don't know how I missed. I assume I didn't have.my head on the gun and shot over top of him

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Havnt heard a bird in about 2 hours. They didn't gobble once on roost thismorning and still don't wanna talk. This is the same farm that was on fire the last two weekends when I was scouting. How did I know this would happen lol. I'll be posting up and doing some light calling till noon.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
I don't deserve to kill a bird after today. Called in a group of hens and a big.old Tom. They caught me off guard with my gun on my lap. I missed. First time in my life I've missed a stupid fucking turkey at 25 yards. I really don't know how I missed. I assume I didn't have.my head on the gun and shot over top of him

Theirs a first time for everything Zach, and the sad thing is, it probably wont be the last if you continue to hunt as much as you do. I missed an easy shot that I worked hard to get in the pouring down rain last year that had me thinking WTF, it happens man. One question, was he gobbling while he was with the hens and did you work him from the roost?

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Ran in to the same 6 jakes I shot at Wednesday. I set up the best I could, but there was really no cutting them off with where they roosted. Heard 9-10 birds today and all a long ways off. There is a field close by here I'd kill to hunt. Its the only real automatic spot I know of and there's at least 6 birds down there right now! Fuggers.

You missed? I thought Kaiser was the only one that misses Turkeys!!!rotflmao

Kaiser878

ohio
He.never gobbled when he hit the ground. He was in the ground about ten minutes. I was going back and.forth with a hen.and.two.more.hens and him walked up over.the edge and caught me off guard. I'm sick about it. It was a good bird.too

huntn2

Hudson, OH
I am yet to find a bird to work. Haven't heard a gobble on 3 different properties in 3 different counties. Been out 4 times so far.

teej89

NE PA
The old man and I had an excellent morning, only jakes but his first and my second and the first birds I've ever called in. Was a hunt we'll never forget. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398527168.978976.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1398527182.363269.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1398527194.844892.jpg

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Those bastards were all around my buddy and I this morning and we couldn't get one to come in. They gobbled til about 9:15. Most gobbles I've ever heard in one morning and no luck.