Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Turkey Chronicles - 2014 Edition

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ha! Nice one Brian!
I had to come into the shop this morning so I slept in. They were probably gobbling their heads off I'm sure...

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Brock we had an old bird gobble several times and flew down and shut up and the jakes came in quiet. Also had a buddy text me and said he shot a 20 pounder this morning with an 11 inch beard and that he flew across a road to get to him. He must have been lonely till he met my buddy's 12 gauge.LOL

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Out hunting now with my buddy Kevin and called in 3 jakes this morning but let em walk.Just sitting and calling now but Kevin is taking one of those nice woods naps so may not hear one gobble over his snoring.lol. Thats him in the pic.View attachment 21153

Lol great pic Brian! Lets suppose that he does this again while you're both out together and a big ole longbeard comes in quiet and your 12 gauge blasts his head off....I bet that'd wake his ass up! Haha

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399042226.993791.jpg
Killed number 2 this morning, I will get it in the contest thread.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Congratulations JohnR! I went out to listen this morning. Heard two way off. Youth hunting tomorrow @ Paint Creek. We'll have two squirming boys with us, but somehow both have killed birds before. Maybe they'll get lucky again tomorrow.

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
Thanks guys, it's the one I had saved for the wife, but I was pissed off by a trespasser this morning. So I shot him! I'll find her another.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Congrats on the Tom John. I went after work this morning to listen too, I had an awesome view of 6 roosted birds and 3 of them being hens. The main bird pitched down to with in 60yrds of me and strutted for a couple of minutes. He gobbled and 2 hens pitched down beside him, they slowly made their way by me after 25 minutes and 2 more long beards hit the ground. Some of my best hunting happens when I don't take a gun, now if I can get my mom to that spot. Good luck this weekend, and Brock I hope you and the boys have success TOO.

joejoe8

My lil Nephew killed a good one in Nc this morning. Going to take a few years to top this one. lol
Sawyer Turkey.jpg
Sawyer Turkey 1.jpg

Kaiser878

ohio
Worked a bird for iver aa half hour.this.morning. he gobbled once. He got to about 45 yards and a big gust of wind came and rattled the woods and.he spooked off. Told ya I didn't deserve to kill another bird

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Just rolled up to my spot this am. Coffee is the only thing keeping me alive right now. We went to a Dustin lynch concert last night, and I'm running on abou 3 hours of sleep. And averaged 4 hrs/night this week. Haha I think I'm due for a woods nap. Goodluck to anyone going out today. It's a bit on the nippy side, but should be good

joejoe8

Took a buddys son this morning, had 5 jakes an one tom come in. Just could not seal the deal, but they put on a show.

Diablo54

Outside
Today has sucked. A few gobbles on the roost. I made one shock gobble by gobbling at it with my mouth. That's all we heard.

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
The bird I missed with my bow.last week was killed by the neighbor today. Turns out I didn't miss my buddy kept telling me I shot under him.I hit him low just above where the leg comes up to the body. He had 11 inch beard and almost 1 1/2 spurs. The arrow was broke off in him. At least someone got him and got my broad head back.