Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Weight Loss - Biggest Loser Edition

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Ric, even at the lowest I've been in well over a decade (202.5 this morning) I still can't wear a 34. Damn thighs are too big! LOL

I'm about to attempt a 5 mile run again. First attempt resulted in a 9.24 pace for a time of 47 minutes flat. Hoping to better than today.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Good luck Ric! Always heard nicotine is a big game changer when it comes to weight, keep pushing man.

Atta boy Joel. What are you trying to maintain and how tall are ya?

Jesse hats off brother, well done!

Me, yep, still 210 lol. Come on warm weather!

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I'm still 240, better than the 260 I was 5 years ago lol. With the warm weather coming I expect to be around 235 since I'll be sweating at work.

woodyw333

Cincinnati Oh
10 years ago when I got out of the Army and started at GE I weighed in at 210 and felt like shit! I was on a no running restriction due to what the Army thought was a knee problem, when in reality it was a pinched nerve in my back that was making my knee hurt. Long story short I got that fixed and dropped 60lbs in 3-3.5 months and I looked and felt great! Well life and laziness happened and I'm creeping back up there. Right now I'm at 193 and my back and legs are starting to bother me again. I've been eating a lot better and been back in the gym for about 3 weeks now, but the scale and my jeans are telling me I'm gaining weight. I guess it's time to go back to my diet I was on when I dropped 60lbs. Bowl of special K in the morning if I was hungry, can of tuna for lunch and dinner after workout. I know some may say that's not healthy but it's what worked for me and I felt good the whole time.

My goal is to drop down to 160 and to beat my best time in the 2 mile run (army pt test) of 15:11.

Congrats to those who have dropped weight and continue to do so and good luck to those that are trying!

Wmiller07

I'm about 255 right now and need to lose about 10 lbs for my competition. I'm on track to deadlift 600, squat 525-550 and bench 380.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I'm about 255 right now and need to lose about 10 lbs for my competition. I'm on track to deadlift 600, squat 525-550 and bench 380.
That is close to the numbers when I was competitive doing it. That's awesome. How old are you? I couldn't imagine doing that now. Took a lot to get there and maintain that kind of weight without alternative methods. Lol

Takes time, dedication and great nutrition to get above 315/405/405 for most people.

Wmiller07

Thanks guys. I've been training specifically for powerlifting for about a year so I'm hoping if I can stay healthy by the time I hit my prime in my late 30s I can total 1800. I would really like to eventually get sponsored and possibly train people.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
It took me a life time to bench 300. I'm 6'1" and was 215 at the time. I have a 76" wingspan and am far from being "barrel chested". Can't imagine flirting with 400!

Wmiller07

300 is a solid bench. Most guys I see in the gym struggle with 225. I have very short arms and thick chest so that always helps. My dad was very strong in his prime, 400 lb bench at 210 bodyweight. He got me started lifting with good form at a young age so that helped a lot.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I can't even imagine benching 300. Maybe one day, but for now I'm in the 230-240 ballpark. Damn these ape arms!!! Lol

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
It cost me a year of working out. I'd always wanted to bench 300 and when I started going heavy with my buddy Jamie who is a monster, I pushed myself to the point of physical break down. My joints, especially my elbows, were toast. Bulking up wasn't a good idea for me.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
385/585/540 I believe. Been MANY years ago. I was 21 and I am 39 this month. I also wrapped to protect joints. That wasn't "legal" at some competitions.

I am just getting back into lifting/training. Using Waterburys workout.

I did DB split squats for the first time in years yesterday and any stairs I about fell down today. Lol

I maxed bench for fun and did 285 but my old arms were shaking like I was having seizures. I am a little sore on my upper body but my quads weren't ready for what I threw at them.

It's hell getting old when you let yourself get fat.

I was 205-210 then. Now I am 250 down from 281 seven weeks ago.

Last edited: