Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Weight Loss - Biggest Loser Edition

Smawgunner2

Athens County
Yep....i was my heaviest 210 a couple years ago and felt bad all the time with alot of beer and fast food and pop. Pop is the devil for any weight loss hopes. im 167 currently and want to stay here. I wouldnt say my stomach has shrank way to much as i eat tons and look like a potbelly pig after dinners. feeling what one meal can do for your body, processed empty calorie food or all bad fat fast food does 0 good and makes u feel terrible after weeks of clean eating. Im shock how little food it takes to keep a body going when u have some fat to burn.
Outstanding!

Reactions: Bowkills

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Posting up for a little accountability. Again. I got fat. Again. Back up to 230, putting on 20#s from March 2020 to now. This might be the 7th time now that I've lost/gained 20 or more pounds since the first time I did it in college (2004). My biggest problem is food. I love it and I eat a lot of it! I'm still fairly active, but not exercising like I used to, but I take it far more calories than I burn, hence becoming a fat ass again.

I'm committed to getting back to what seems to be the most manageable weight for me and that's 205-210. I turn 40 in September and I'd like to do so at a healthy weight. No magic potions, just cleaner eating with more activity. I should be back where I want to be by spring turkey and if not, that'll help shed a few more pounds!

Bowkills

Nw oh
Its been a month of over eating and far below normal activity. Im guessing most everyone is in that boat. All the sweets are finally gone and no excusses remain to drop the holiday overload. I might need to work out with no blockwork in sight until june. Brick and stone just arent the same burn. Fugging exercise sucks when you cant just do it during the work day. Chin ups pushups situps tredmill, thats what bo jackson did right?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Trying to mix up the activities in a way that keeps me engaged longer. Did 25 minutes on the rower Monday with some push-ups and core work. Made this loop through our 11 acres 3 times tonight. Roughly 0.45 miles around with 105' of elevation gain. Dressed heavily and broke a good sweat in 30 minutes. The dogs went with me since we're done hunting back here for the season, so I can do this at my leisure and not feel guilty about bumping deer!
Screenshot_20220105-173541_onX Hunt.jpg

Trying to mix up the activities in a way that keeps me engaged longer. Did 25 minutes on the rower Monday with some push-ups and core work. Made this loop through our 11 acres 3 times tonight. Roughly 0.45 miles around with 105' of elevation gain. Dressed heavily and broke a good sweat in 30 minutes. The dogs went with me since we're done hunting back here for the season, so I can do this at my leisure and not feel guilty about bumping deer! View attachment 143371
That would be my kind of walk instead of a treadmill!

We walk the driveway, .75 out, .75 back. Dogs go with us. My legs are longer than the wife’s, so I out front with the dogs. She has the advantage too speed up and get a harder workout because of it…. #shortpeopleproblems….. We try and do this 5 days a week.
I'm guessing it's a gravel driveway? Cuz if you got that in blacktop or concrete then you are both younger then me and richer or have one hack of a credit line!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
View attachment 143413 anyone else pretend the big pieces that take a grunt to load are atlas stones when you roll them up your chest to get them in the truck? Or just me.

I did EXACTLY that a couple days ago. Similar sized rounds. I was thinking "this is what those CrossFit guys do."🤣

Filled 11' dump bed heaping. Now I'm paying for it. Should have gotten help or a loader. My back is tweaked even though I was diligent to bend at the knees and not twist. Kicking myself over it.

Nice looking load of wood though!

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Lol bowkills, of course we do!

We got the treadmill setup right after Thanksgiving, and I was quickly reminded why I prefer outside labor and exercise lol. I do like the software it came with, it's helping with the record keeping side of things. Mixed in some dumbell and core workouts too, the body is feeling it this AM.

11/26/21 - 12/31/21:
Screenshot_20220107-082828_SOLE.jpg

This wk:
Screenshot_20220107-082834_SOLE.jpg

Bowkills

Nw oh
I did EXACTLY that a couple days ago. Similar sized rounds. I was thinking "this is what those CrossFit guys do."🤣

Filled 11' dump bed heaping. Now I'm paying for it. Should have gotten help or a loader. My back is tweaked even though I was diligent to bend at the knees and not twist. Kicking myself over it.

Nice looking load of wood though!
I feel 20 while working still but if i sit down longer than 25 mins during the day or in the evenings rigor mortis sets in and takes a good effort to get moving again. I got 4 of those loads cut yesterday starting at 11 only brought one home. More today once it gets to 10 degrees.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I feel 20 while working still but if i sit down longer than 25 mins during the day or in the evenings rigor mortis sets in and takes a good effort to get moving again. I got 4 of those loads cut yesterday starting at 11 only brought one home. More today once it gets to 10 degrees.
I feel you. The back is all geeked up now. Had a 2yd hopper of salt freeze in a spreader. Had to shovel it out as we used spud bars to break it up. It's no wonder I'm a bean pole.

I'll be honest: a low physical activity 9-5 which necessitates watching what I eat and some gym time sounds good today.

Good luck to all you guys working off your holiday weight.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
A little past half way through the 1st month, how you guys doing?

Things have been consistent on my end, pushing WoW gains on distance, speed and heart rates on the treadmill. Not fun, but it's getting easier. Mixing in dumbbells on off days.

Month to date: (+1000calories since it resets if a workout goes over 999)
Screenshot_20220119-122641_SOLE.jpg

Week 1:
Screenshot_20220119-123045_SOLE.jpg

Week 2: +1K calories
Screenshot_20220119-123054_SOLE.jpg

Week 3(current):
Screenshot_20220119-123058_SOLE.jpg