Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Weight Loss - Biggest Loser Edition

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Not good. The Rona set me back and I still don't feel like tackling any undue physical exertion. I did lose a little weight, but like I always do, I've eaten everything in sight as I've recovered (slowly). I did order a weight bench and a set of adjustable weight dumbbells, and I'm installing a pull-up bar this weekend, so my home gym is complete. I'm hoping to have the energy to get everything setup and in place this weekend, then I can slowly ease my way into a routine. Getting out and hiking again will be a big part of things for the next few weeks.

Reactions: 5Cent and MoonLab

Bowkills

Nw oh
I wrenched something terrible in my lower back or spine almost two weeks ago. My wife bought me a back brace to wear to try to ease the pain as i work and it heels. I really need time off but i cant as starting a new job. 2hrs n a hot tub and 530 bedtime last night helped. Couple that with being sick has made for a rough 2 weeks. Couldnt tie my shoes after it happened and it was extremely painful just riding in a car. Laid block monday i think it set me back to almost day of injury. Hot tub is a life saver. Ill be able to stay away from heavy objects for another week so im hoping it will mend. When sick or injured i eat everything in sight so well see when i feel good again what the scale says.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
I opened a can of whoop ass on myself this month, with a goal to hit 40-50miles/month moving forward, but it'll be tough. The weight loss is starting to trend down as of last week, but I think my body went into storage mode the first 2 weeks, even with reduced calorie/much cleaner nutrition intake starting Jan 1.

Screenshot_20220201-135252_Sole+.jpg

Screenshot_20220201-145936_Sole+.jpg

The only thing standing in your way is yourself. Get some fellas!

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
I opened a can of whoop ass on myself this month, with a goal to hit 40-50miles/month moving forward, but it'll be tough. The weight loss is starting to trend down as of last week, but I think my body went into storage mode the first 2 weeks, even with reduced calorie/much cleaner nutrition intake starting Jan 1.

View attachment 145072

View attachment 145073

Keep at it, Adam. 💪

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Good work Adam. Gotta be feeling pretty good with that momentum! Keep grinding!
I truly hate it, and I know there are plenty of other cardio approaches out there and I look forward to implementing soon once my body gets out of the shock mode and recovery happens quicker, along with my bum left knee (run over by snowmobile). I do look forward to weight days.

Speaking of Nate, any good circuits/sequences you use or recommend for dumbells only? I'm familiar with most of the types of lifts, it's just those combos or supersets that work for ppl that I'm interested in.

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
I'm doing a push/ pull/ leg split. I incorporate a lot of supersets and drop sets for high intensity. Mostly to cut down on cardio. 😂. Tons of info on this split and can be done with DBs.

Reactions: 5Cent

Bowkills

Nw oh
I was stuck at a bull shit job for a few weeks with not much movement or good calorie burn. My wife ended a no sugar diet so i bindged bad with her. Not to much harm on the scale but felt like shit or just not how good a person can. Started a new job thursday and oatmeal in the morning.
IMG_0057.jpg
new workout is 75lb precast handling and laying. Was drained yesterday.
IMG_0054.jpg
deer broccoli spinach walnuts garlic got me feeling renergized. Should feel where i want to be in a few weeks if weather lets the work out happen and i stay away from empty calories and stay healthy...

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio

View attachment 145072

View attachment 145073

Feb goal met: Short month with a few trips mixed in but managed 43 miles on the belt, consistent weight training, cleaner eating.

Screenshot_20220301-170429_Sole+.jpg

Screenshot_20220301-170438_Sole+.jpg

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
How’s it going, fellas? Any improvement? @5Cent @OhioWhiteTails @Bowkills

@bowhunter1023 get the gym equipment set up in garage?

Few weeks ago I was at 196, but gaining the mass, and brought me back to 210…. Still going after it.

done something different for leg work out today. For beginner would do 10-15 sets of this work out. More advanced lifters Can try at their own risks, lol

-Leg extensions 4X25
-DB walking lunges 4X40
- SS leg press 4 X 20
-Romanian deadlift 4x12
-Hamstring leg curls 4 X12
-hack squat 4X20

Last edited:

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Damn hulk, that's a shit ton of volume, very nice!!

Another good month shaping up for March on my journey, should end up right around 50 miles on the belt and steady weights throughout the week. Picked up some new running shoes about a week ago, trying to get used to them.

Screenshot_20220326-164025_Sole+.jpg

Screenshot_20220326-164039_Sole+.jpg

Bowkills

Nw oh
Donuts are so good with coffee....i overeat badly but have maintained with little gained this winter. When i feel like i havnt burnt my usual energy level at work ill do chin up sets push ups and abbs. just staying n check...i might ad jogging? yogging? to the list, its the newest thing people are doing, i guess you just run...

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
I've took advantage of the holiday season and went on a small "bulk". Up 15 lbs from October. Lifts are progressing great, and no injuries. I'll pull the plug on carbs in a month or two. Keep working boys!

Reactions: 5Cent