Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's For Dinner?

Wife made a tomato pie today, I have absolutely hurt myself eating on this thing!!
Screenshot_20220806-174147_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220806-173942_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220806-173938_Gallery.jpg

Jamie

Ohio
I consider making soup a form of culinary art. Few things satisfy like REALLY good soup. I got ambitious today with some fresh Chanterelle's. I made Chanterelle mushroom soup. This is Hank Shaw's rendition of Auguste Escoffier's (the godfather of french cuisine) "Veloute Agnes Sorel", which must be French for cream of chanterelle soup or something. Seemed a little intimidating at first glance but was really not too difficult. Just have to follow directions to the letter. I've eaten a damn big bunch of Chanterelle mushrooms in various ways over the last 6 years since I really started going after them, and I can tell you for certain that this was the most satisfying way that I have ever consumed them. This is liquid heaven. Those of you that have the means and desire to gather a full pound of fresh Chanterelles, I would encourage you to summon the courage to make this one time before you die. I gotta go get some more mushrooms really soon so I can make it at least twice. ;)

IMG_3804.jpg