Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's For Dinner?

teej89

NE PA
Whelp it's been a crazy past couple days of working 12+hours a day. Today came home extraordinarily late and apparently the GF had taken out one of my turkey legs from the spring, slow cooked it all day and had pot pie and a yuengling ready for me when I strolled in. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406686901.237213.jpg

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stuffed hot peppers & corn. Sadly, I couldn't use a dutch oven due to the pouring rain, but it didn't deter my use of the grill for the corn. I'm sure the neighbors thought I was nuts for standing in the rain checking the grill...lol

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Looks good Drake!

I should have been taking pics this past week. My mom has been sick, so I've been cooking for my family a couple nights a week. Did some delicious Angus sirloin burgers last week with sweet tater fries. Did a seasoned and roasted chicken breast with Yukon gold smashed taters and balsamic glazed carrots another night. Last night I absolutely nailed my best pasta dish. Dad loves pasta, so I did a roasted garlic and basil meat sauce with deer sausage and Angus sirloin burger. Top some quality penne pasta with it, dusting of panko and plenty of shaved parm and romano, then in to the oven for 5-6 to melt the cheese/brown the panko. Served with salads and cottage cheese. Could very well be my best dish! And it looked great to boot!

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I think I outdid myself tonight. Nothing beats locally grown, so I finally was able to do some batches of fried green tomatoes .... butter cooked in cajon batter, along with cabbage rolls. All in cast iron of cource !

TOO ensure I have a heart attack in the near future, I'm having a cajon tomatoe sandwich topped with home made hot pepper butter as a midnight snack.

Last edited: