Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's For Dinner?

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH

uploadfromtaptalk1432431400309.jpg

Jamie

Ohio
I have a bunch of rats to eat. is a nice change of pace from venison all the time, but challenging to cook them. I mean, a fellow can only eat so much squirrel gravy. so far I can make braised squirrel and pan fried squirrel with fresh squirrels. with pressure canned squirrels I have made (to my liking) squirrel gravy, squirrel pot pie, squirrel tacos, sloppy squirrels, fried boneless squirrel and now squirrel croquettes. made them for the first time tonight, and, well, they are friggin' awesome. better still with some buttered home canned green beans and a V&T to wash them down. shabby chic dining at it's finest. :pickle:

IMG_0532.JPG

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Everybody is cooking up some unbelievably awesome looking grub!!!

Charles, that is a great thing to do for pop! Looks like you went all out! Congrats to him on his baptism TOO!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433375320.923842.jpg

Venison steaks, steamed broccoli, yellow squash and zucchini sautéed in a little bacon fat, grass fed butter, seasoning salt, apple cider vinegar and some chipotle pepper seasoning. Killer...

Qback5

Dinner 24 hours ago - family camping trip (Mohican State Park). Strip Steak, seasoned. "Veggie Packs" - green pepper, onion, mushrooms, with olive oil and seasoned. Sweet Potatoes - with olive oil, honey, cinnamon. All cooked on an open flame!

Attachments

• IMG_1104.jpg
    IMG_1104.jpg
    268 KB · Views: 126